New Relay Arm Linkage

Went riding over Thanksgiving weekend and one of the bearings went out in my relay arm and I didn't realize it for a while (apparently). It ovaled the hole pretty bad to the point where I need a new one. I looked all over on here and couldn't find where anyone was talking about aftermarket ones. Does anyone even make an aftermarket one avaliable separate from the connecting rod? I can get a new OEM one for $123.49 but wanted to compare to aftermarket options first. Anyone have any suggestions? Not interested in spending $300+ for the procircuit/RG3 etc relay arm and connecting rod package. Thanks in advance. Oh, and I have a 2006 WR450

Edited by woods-rider

It's beyond repair. one side has a bunch of cracks. I found a used one with the link on eBay for $50 with bearings so Im just gonna go that route I think since I can't find ANYTHING online aftermarket for my bike.

And for the record, my opinion of JB weld is that if it's going to be supporting any sort of load you are better off fixing it the right way.

Not trying to kick you while your down , but it's a good lesson to all TT'rs to grease all of the swingarm and wheel bearings on a regular basis. More often if you ride alot of mud, sand or pressure wash carelesly. JMHO -- WR Dave

it's a good lesson to all TT'rs to grease all of the swingarm and wheel bearings on a regular basis

Yep, good call Dave!

I've done mine several times and all are (thankfully) still like new.

I pull mine right apart, clean everything with gasoline, blow it all dry with compressed air, then re-grease with waterproof grease.

Greg

The middle bearings in the relay arm are the first to freeze up, if you neglect them. It doesn't take long either. The middle bearings are at a low point and hold water. It happened on my WR and my DR.

Be sure that you apply threadlocker and torque the bolts on reassembly. I had one come off during a ride. It was scary. Luckily, I was going slow but it could have been bad.