Free Mods WRF 450 07 ???????????

Hello and hope somebody can help, I am new to this site and fairly new to riding and im interested in the free mods that can be done to my bike, Although there are alot of threads about the removal of the AIS there isnt much which says what the part to plug the gap is called and where it can be found, ive had a look in the Parts Store under the search name of AIS Removal but no cap ends are availiable, Also does it make much of a differance to the way my bike will run, im reading mixed reports and dont want to risk doing it if im gonna end up causing myself lots of trouble, Lastly ive spoken to somebody that has told me that when the mods have been done then the carb will not need re-jetting as they are apparently fitted with fiffferant jets when they are shipped to england.

Many thanks:

inexperianced modder!

The GYT-R AIS Removal kit from Yamaha contains carb jets and a needle that are too rich, a YZ throttle stop which you can buy separately, several rubber cap plugs to block off fittings from which you remove hoses and an aluminum diamond shaped blank off plate.

Do this instead:

Using the jetting specs for a USA 2004 WR450F, replace all the jets and

the needle that are different between your European 2007 bike and the

2004 USA bike.

Go to an auto parts store and buy the vacuum line cap plugs required.

Buy a small piece of aluminum sheet metal the same thickness as the diamond

shaped piece of metal that you will unbolt from your engine and make a

blank off plate. Use the diamond shaped piece from the AIS as the

pattern.

Go to the Yamaha Europe website, click on "motorcycles", click on

"owners' manuals", follow the instructions to open the 2007 WR450F

manual and go to page 4-22 in the English language portion for a picture

of the Air Induction System. While you are on the Yamaha website, you

can look at the carb specs for the 2004 Yamaha also. Here they are:

USA EUROPE

MJ 165 160

JN OBDWR-4 OBDUQ-4 (NUMBER IS CLIP POSITON)

PJ 45 48

PAJ 70 80

PS 1-3/4 1-1/2 (FUEL/AIR SCREW)

Acc.P 60 50

I am not sure if you have the YZ throttle stop and the Gray wire issue with your bike. If, when you fully open your throttle, the slide is only lifted 1/2 way, you should replace the stock throttle stop with the shorter YZ stop or cut your existing stop to the dimensions of the YZ stop (see stickies on this website). Disconnect your grey wire also. These two things go hand in hand.

The consensus is that the AIS, whether installed or removed, does not affect performance. What it does do however, is make an annoying popping sound on deceleration. This mimics a too lean condition and makes it hard to determine if your bike is running too lean or is just reacting to the AIS still installed on the bike. It also eliminates some weight.

Don't forget that the free mods include opening up the air box and removing the innermost tube from the silencer, in addition to the throttle stop, gray wire and AIS mods.

You will like the new jetting. I have used it for my 2006 and 2008 WR's. Great gas mileage, 30-40 MPG from sea level to 5,000+ft.

A JD jet kit in a UK WR works very well and is well worth the money. You dont need a different throttle stop on a uk bike either, it is already the same as a YZ.

I think you'll find you are mistaken on this point

WR's have a long throttle stop screw which restricts the throttle opening as they come form the dealer