HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Serpexc

Dirt Bike artical on new national DB limit?

5 posts in this topic

Take a look at the new DB, they are claiming the 96 db will be national Jan 2004! It's in with a spark arrestor end cap section. Anyone know anything about this? :)

I wouldn't get too excited about this article just yet. Take a look at their prices. I wish I could buy those end caps for what the say they sell for but it AIN'T gonna happen. If you send that amount to those end cap makers they will probably send it back wanting more dough. I've seen this in Dirt Bike before. I don't know where they get their information. It's not from the manufacturers.

I'm gonna wait and see.

:thinking:Jim :

I spoke with the USA Yamaha Corp. lawyer a while back who said they and the other companies are lobbying for what sounded like a 50 state law that would standardize the sound requirement and spark arrestors. Personally I don't care what sound limit they set as long as they pick some standard and leave it alone for a few years.

Does anyone know what the Law in Michigan is? I know the MCCC does 94DB. Is that the law? I can live with 96 but try to buy a pipe that is 94! A National standard would help everyone. 96 sounds fair. ---Mike