drain oil when warm or cold?

On a 08 yz450. The manual says to run the bike for a few minutes and then drain the oil. Do you guys do it this way? I was thinking if I was to drain it when cold the oil would already be down in the bottom of the engine.

I also have a question about oil specs. I plan on using Spectro Golden4 semi-synthetic 10w40. I think a read that this is one of the oils that Greyracer recomends as proven to hold up? The manual calls for API sg or higher, JASO standard MA. The spectro says API sl. Meets MA. Is this oil specification meeting the requirements?

Is the Spectro golden4 semi synthetic an oil I can run safely for 8-10hrs? What does the API SL mean? Is it a higher rating than API SG?
Pushing beyond 8 hours is not something I recommend on a regular basis, but it can be done occasionally with an oil such as those I named, including Spectro 4.

SL is supposed to be inclusive of all earlier grades, but has a lower level of phosphorus bearing anti-wear compounds, those having been removed due to their effect on catalytic converters, and replaced by compounds based on molybdenum instead. These are not friction reducers, per se, and Spectro is still JASO MA, so it's perfectly OK for your clutch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_oil#API_service_classes

Thanks again Greyracer. I want to run the longest lasting oil available. And from what I remember reading on here you had experience with spectro, amsoil and mobile 1 as long lasting. From what I have found I can get the spectro the cheapest at $9.00 per liter. I would run Amsoil based on your experience, but it looks like it is about $15.00 per quart.