Yamaha WR450R Petition - Please sign

With all due respect, if you look at the poll in the stickies... 82% of us want a COMPETITION BASED plated bike..

I for one have no interest in an overweight, looks like a dirt bike, 4 valve, even WORSE suspension POS:bonk:

Can you spot the REAL dirtbike amid the sea of Orange?

DSCN0484.jpg

With all due respect, if you look at the poll in the stickies... 82% of us want a COMPETITION BASED plated bike..

I for one have no interest in an overweight, looks like a dirt bike, 4 valve, even WORSE suspension POS:bonk:

Can you spot the REAL dirtbike amid the sea of Orange?

DSCN0484.jpg

Common misconception that a dual sporter road legal dirt bike has to be an overweight undersuspended pig.

It can be built.

For the long distance dual sporter, a bike with the weight of a DRZ400, but with modern suspension, 6 speed transmission, fuel injection, would be the perfect trail bike.

If you want a race bike, buy a race bike to go racing.

Here in Australia every enduro competition bike is road legal, including the WR450F, KTM EXCs, etc... but they simply arent suited to riding long distances.

As great as a 450 WRR would be, a street legal F is what most people here would want. The same people that are riding 450/530 EXC's and 450/510 TE's today are the ones that would be buying this bike. I hope sometime soon Yamaha can pull this off as I'd much rather have the bullet proof blue bike in the garage rather than the orange one, even with only the 5-speed. Yamaha, the most conservative motorcycle company of them all, has to come to grips with whether or not they want to sell to this market. So far, it appears they do not (along with the other Japanese companies), but as more and more people buy the other brands because they are street legal stock, eventually it won't make any difference what Yamaha would prefer to do. They will eventually have to enter the market as the non street enduro bikes won't be selling much as dictated by rider preference and the ongoing disappearance of green sticker land.

As great as a 450 WRR would be, a street legal F is what most people here would want. The same people that are riding 450/530 EXC's and 450/510 TE's today are the ones that would be buying this bike. I hope sometime soon Yamaha can pull this off as I'd much rather have the bullet proof blue bike in the garage rather than the orange one, even with only the 5-speed. Yamaha, the most conservative motorcycle company of them all, has to come to grips with whether or not they want to sell to this market. So far, it appears they do not (along with the other Japanese companies), but as more and more people buy the other brands because they are street legal stock, eventually it won't make any difference what Yamaha would prefer to do. They will eventually have to enter the market as the non street enduro bikes won't be selling much as dictated by rider preference and the ongoing disappearance of green sticker land.

ding, ding, ding, ding, ding...... WE HAVE A WINNER!

F'ing A exactly!

I want one. I want one bad. I signed the petition and emailed a link to it to 6 of my dirtbike riding friends.

One thing that's for sure, in a state like Wisconsin, you can't get anything for a used, non-street-legal dirtbike. Bad place to sell a dirtbike. And that's nice for a cheap b@stard like me. I don't have to pay so much to buy some really high-class toys.

So in the meantime, I'm going to plate my WR400 and register it in Michigan. :banghead: Maybe I'll sell it and get a later 450 with e-start. :cheers:

Since I own a Orange 450 & Blue 450, I think I can be un-bias when I say this.

look for a used 08 Beta 450RS, it's CA Plated, Link type suspenders, 6 speed. A true dirt bike with blinkers. New, your gonna pay 2k more than you needed, but used they are a steal.

Anyway I will sign the petition, cause variety is the spice. #116 :banghead:

• 2 months later...
Common misconception that a dual sporter road legal dirt bike has to be an overweight undersuspended pig.

It can be built.

For the long distance dual sporter, a bike with the weight of a DRZ400, but with modern suspension, 6 speed transmission, fuel injection, would be the perfect trail bike.

If you want a race bike, buy a race bike to go racing.

Here in Australia every enduro competition bike is road legal, including the WR450F, KTM EXCs, etc... but they simply arent suited to riding long distances.

Well said!:ride:

Same thing in Italy!

I wanna have fun on my bike and ride it not keep changing oil...