Cali DMV fees 08 WR

So I have an opportunity to pick up an 08 WR 450, the owner has not registered the bike since he purchased it last year (:excuseme:). Which means that it's never been registered since he bought it. He has the title but I'm thinking 2 years of back registration fees won't be pleasant. Any idea how I can calculate how much this will run me? I can obviously use this as a bargaining tool as well. But 4k is a good price....

So I have an opportunity to pick up an 08 WR 450, the owner has not registered the bike since he purchased it last year (:excuseme:). Which means that it's never been registered since he bought it. He has the title but I'm thinking 2 years of back registration fees won't be pleasant. Any idea how I can calculate how much this will run me? I can obviously use this as a bargaining tool as well. But 4k is a good price....

He couldn't have purchased it new without registering it, so who's name is on the pink, and can they be reached to verify previous ownership?

My last registration was $ 125.00 for one year (dual reg).

green sticker is 50 bux for 2 years.fees shouldn't be to bad even for ca. get a bill of sale stating sale price is less than actual and save a few tax dollars. i mean i'm just saying.... besides, the a-holes in sacto ripped us for $90,000,000 from our ohv fund.:excuseme:

Good point, I need to verify who's on the title.

Krannie hit the nail on the head. No dealer would sell a new bike and not register it. Something is not right with this story. Check the pink slip and ensure that the seller is the legal owner of the bike (i.e., no lien holder listed on the pink slip).