HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aedwards07

Just got a phone call about my 2010.....

30 posts in this topic

Well just got off of the phone with my friend from ohio.My 2010 yz450 is comming in tomorrow.Its the first blue one on the east coast as far as I know.Now I just need to figure out how im going to go pick it up.haha

My dealer called and he unloaded my Blue one today........it is new bike prep and assembly right now and I can pick it tomorrow!!!!!:excuseme::smirk::ride::bonk:

Tim

Go give the guy putting your bikes together a $20. And ask him to put some grease in all the key points. Enjoy your bikes guys!!!!

My riding buddy just got his in as well. He is picking it up tomorrow night in Sierra Vista, AZ. I might get spin on it on Sat., and will post a ride report if so. ( I can't count on getting a ride on "the unicorn") I will take some pics on Sat. as well.

Go give the guy putting your bikes together a $20. And ask him to put some grease in all the key points. Enjoy your bikes guys!!!!

"Putting together" usually consists of putting on the front wheel and handlbars.

"Putting together" usually consists of putting on the front wheel and handlbars.

Who cares....a avid rider already knows this and does the due dilligence and maintains the bike appropiately............

Who cares....a avid rider already knows this and does the due dilligence and maintains the bike appropiately............
The point was that the guy "putting it together" won't be able to see the grease points without taking it farther apart, and that isn't going to happen for $20.

My local shop has one right now on the floor. Man those things look even sweeter in person. I wonder if they are going to have a problem with the seat pan overheating cause the pipe is right under it?

He took a pic from his living room. Yes, it is in his living room. Smart guy.

They are finally in AZ, apparently. Might get a couple laps on it on Sat.

10-1.jpg

My dealer called and he unloaded my Blue one today........it is new bike prep and assembly right now and I can pick it tomorrow!!!!!:excuseme::smirk::ride::bonk:

Tim

Well my Blue 2010 is safely in my garage.......got home late today....so perhaps pictures soon.

I have not rode it yet, but sure this weekend or sooner.

It does not seem to wide to me and the riding position seems very good.

This is the first Yamaha in my garage since I puchased the first Yamaha 250F and I liked that bike. I have nevered ridden a Yamaha 450 so I"m excited to ride this one.

Yes I am 57, but I have been riding and racing since I was in my early teens, and feel that my riding acumen is very high... but slower as I get older......

The bike will remain stock for now as I get to understand it, but my intent for 2010 is to return to MX after a 8 year layoff......as we have seen countless times posted...."You do not grow old from riding but rather from not riding....."

My dealer told me that my 2010 White arived in the warehouse today. Said I may have it Friday. Sold my GYTR 09 yz450 f with 4 hours to get this one. I hope it's all cracked to be whats it's supposed to be. We'l see I'l keep you posted

I will miss tuning to this forum daily for an update on the bike. How long has it been since we could all look forward to something new and different arriving at a motorcycle shop?

There were two people, and myself, looking through the window of the closed Yamaha dealer trying to catch a glimpse of the new 450 tonight.