HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
06yamaha450f

cracked left radiator

9 posts in this topic

some how had something hit the backside of the left side radiator and put a hairline crack in it. any ideas on where to find a replacement factory or aftermarket? Or do i risk it and have someone try and fix it to save the money?

i did some research and that seems to be the place to go to. i have some local shops but they dont specialize in motorcycle radiators.

You can fix the stocker.

Check Ebay. There are some good companies there that sell aftermarket units. I have a set of ASI on my CRF450 and they have been great for the past 2 years. Cost was like $150 for the pair shipped. Really inexpensive for oversized units.

I'm sure you can find a local radiator shop that can fix it up for you...it's not rocket science.

I use a local auto radiator shop for all my repairs...the guy can work magic.

I second Gray, Mylers does great work, probably ends up stornger than stock with reinforced corners etc. Although, I have the advantage of dropping them off at his door!

just sent it ups to him today. i hear he does great work so its worth the 4 days one way to get it done right.

You will be pleased!.....put a hole in my 06 at the first race of the year. Thought I was going to have to buy a new rad.

Sent it to mylers.......in 4 days had it back costed me 50 bucks and I was pleased.

Yep, I think he uses some sort of magical pixie dust or something... It's amazing!