Excessive clutch lever play

My 08 yz450 has excessive play in the clutch lever. The clutch lever bolt is tightened to spec( actually a little more snug). I have kicked around the idea of inserting a very thin shim/washer to take up the play between the lever and perch, but the shim/washer would have to be extremely thin. I have no other reason to replace the stock lever and perch. Does anyone have a fix aside from buying an aftermarket lever and perch?

If you're speaking of vertical play that can be described as rocking at the hinge, you can reduce it, but you won't get rid of it, and until someone comes up with a perch that has either two ball bearings or a roller bearing on the pivot, you're stuck with it to one degree or other.

Just my opinion, but there are lots of better things to be annoyed by.

If you're speaking of vertical play that can be described as rocking at the hinge, you can reduce it, but you won't get rid of it, and until someone comes up with a perch that has either two ball bearings or a roller bearing on the pivot, you're stuck with it to one degree or other.

Just my opinion, but there are lots of better things to be annoyed by.

Yes, I was speaking of vertical play.

I'm not annoyed by it, I am just wondering if anyone has a solution using the stock lever and perch:thumbsup:

You could always try throwing some suspension shims between the lever and the perch to take some of the play out. Suspension shims are available in virtually any size. You might take a few measurements and find a suspension shop to get a few shims and see if that helps.

Nate

You could always make a bushing that fits tighter on the lever bolt. Better make several while you're at it as they wear and cause the excess play.