Help: Remove engine from '06 YZ450

I posted in the "General" forum about a recent hard landing I had, and now my bike won't shift into neutral from 1st gear. It was concluded that I must have had a foot on the shifter lever when I landed, and I bent the one side of the shift fork.

In order to replace the shift fork, I need to access the transmission. The first step to do this will be to remove the engine from the bike. I have never done this on a dirt bike and I'm looking for any pointers and words of advice from you experts that have done it a thousand times. You know, I want to know the little tricks and secrets you have that will save me time in removing the engine. If anyone cares to give me a tutorial, that is appreciated too.

And before you say it, I do have the manual. But I find the narrative and advise on this forum is easier to follow, and more time efficient, than the manual.

1. Remove subframe, shock, Carb and Radiators.

2. Remove motor mounts and bolts.

3. Bring back of motor up and out of swingarm while twisting the top of the motor down on the right side. Pull out of right side of bike.

4. Did mine last week in about 30 minutes.

I posted in the "General" forum about a recent hard landing I had, and now my bike won't shift into neutral from 1st gear. It was concluded that I must have had a foot on the shifter lever when I landed, and I bent the one side of the shift fork.

Did you verify that the shift lever is not bent? I had a similar shifting issue after a crash and the problem was resovled once I realized the shifter was tweaked and bottoming out on the frame. For the price of a new shifter, it may be worth a shot.

1. Remove subframe, shock, Carb and Radiators.

2. Remove motor mounts and bolts.

3. Bring back of motor up and out of swingarm while twisting the top of the motor down on the right side. Pull out of right side of bike.

4. Did mine last week in about 30 minutes.

30 min sound fast, you dont have to remove the carb or radiators.