2009 yz450f best all around bike

I would like to post my thoughts of the 2009 yz450f..The bike is by far the best mx bike i have ridden. It has smooth and trackable power. the stock suspension works great for me weighting in a 155 pounds. The bike handles really well...and the bike is super quiet in stock form. I have put the bike through the test..mx, off-road, and endurocross and the bike is amazing in all these fields...so before jumping on the 2010 band wagon dont be affraid to check out the 2009 first!!!

wow are you guys serious? the 08/09 yz450fs are some of the worst handling bikes made and there under powered to! the only thing they got going 4 them is the suspension is 2nd 2 none,i had to ride 1 for a month when my bike was down and man all it wanted to do was stand up in corners and i ride a 09 kx450f i thought it was bad after coming off rmz450s.... untill i rode the yz450f god what a nightmare! it was kinda like riding a 2 stroke again as much as you gotta use the clutch 2 get any power outta it so you dont get passed coming outta corners or uphills and on long straits forget it every other brand walks rite by it

wow are you guys serious? the 08/09 yz450fs are some of the worst handling bikes made and there under powered to! the only thing they got going 4 them is the suspension is 2nd 2 none

:excuseme: hmmm suspension is good, but handling is bad...???

under powered too??? lol

I know we have a troller but again I have to agree with him. The only thing the 08/09 YZ450F is best at is suspension and getting smoked to the first turn. I can see where the bike would be great for some riders but when stacked up against the competition it doesn't do so well. You might be thinking, well how much power can the average rider use....I can answer that by saying, I can use more than the 09 YZ450F makes (at least in the low end). If you think the power is awsome on that bike you should put on a diaper and ride an 09 KXF, SXF, or CRF.

I'm not trying to make anyone mad but those bikes aren't that fast. Some people even consider them slow in stock form.

Bring on the hate mail.....

i wasnt trolling i just couldnt see that statment and not say anything, and for whoever said great susp. but dosent handle.....the awnser is yes! just cuz a bike has great susp. dosent mean it will turn great at all. susp has only a small part to play in how well a bike turns....any1 who knows anything knows that,and they also know that stewart could win on a canondale 400 or any pile of junk you put him on its not the bike at all he had a hard time getting it set up where it would work half way decent watch the 1st few races he was on it it was all outta shape all over the track but he still won on it,jezz some of you guys will buy anything the mags. n t.v. tells you to....i can see it now.... introducing the championship winning 2009 yz450f! james stewart chose it and won a sx title n u can 2!.......dee hee haaa im going rite down to get 1 today so i can be sx n mx champ of the universe just like stewart...dee hee haa haa, the t.v. told me so,and if any of you r foolish enough 2 think his bike is almost stock or anywhere close to stock....like they'd realy tell you, ive got some magic beans for sale pm me n ill give you a great deal on them, thell turn you into a mix of ricky n bubba ull be unstopable

• Like 1

Agreed, I loved my 09 and hated to get rid of it, matter of fact did not wan't to. Now the 2010 has not hit Oklahoma and I am bikeless. I know our dealership just ordered 9 more 2009 models and are selling them at a good price. May have to do up another one, would not bother me a bit as good as they are.

Just committed to a limited 2009 YZ450d today! Had a blue 09 but now I'll have the black rims.:excuseme: $5350 otd including tax. Just think,.......... brand new bik at almost half the cost some dealers were wanting. That extra 3500 will buy a lot of stuff.

I finished up 2nd over all in the senior nats on my 09 450 . I love the bike, but I did have the suspension done after the first ride. the answer was progressive rate springs and valving to boot. bike is vary quiet, I pulled 8 holeshots in a row , different tracks, and different classes on a stock bike. right before red-bud I put a youshima silencer on, wow what a difference. the last mod i did was a quick turn throttle tube, one of the best mods ever it works. darrin hill darrinmoto.jpg

I would like to post my thoughts of the 2009 yz450f..The bike is by far the best mx bike i have ridden. It has smooth and trackable power. the stock suspension works great for me weighting in a 155 pounds. The bike handles really well...and the bike is super quiet in stock form. I have put the bike through the test..mx, off-road, and endurocross and the bike is amazing in all these fields...so before jumping on the 2010 band wagon dont be affraid to check out the 2009 first!!!

the first thing i should ask is what mx bikes have you ridden. if you're coming off a hodaka road toad your comment makes perfect sense. i'm not trying to put you down or call you stupid but you might want to qualify your comment . lots of people love the 09 but to say it's the best 450 is a big big stretch. it's reported to have the best stock suspension and that's about it. i do agree that the mellow stock power might suit off road or endurocross better than mx.

have fun on your 09 .

its all in the rider. not the bike. he would out run them on a moped.

news flash friends and neighbors, stewart's bike is nowhere close to stock. the suspension alone on a factory bike can top 20 grand. stewart would kill himself if he tried to put a stock bike thru a set of stadium whoops. you should look a little closer. there's a lot more to factory bikes than cool stickers.:excuseme:

Just committed to a limited 2009 YZ450d today! Had a blue 09 but now I'll have the black rims.:excuseme: $5350 otd including tax. Just think,.......... brand new bik at almost half the cost some dealers were wanting. That extra 3500 will buy a lot of stuff.

congrats on the new bike....thinking of doing the same myself.

the first thing i should ask is what mx bikes have you ridden. if you're coming off a hodaka road toad your comment makes perfect sense. i'm not trying to put you down or call you stupid but you might want to qualify your comment . lots of people love the 09 but to say it's the best 450 is a big big stretch. it's reported to have the best stock suspension and that's about it. i do agree that the mellow stock power might suit off road or endurocross better than mx.

have fun on your 09 .

The OP thinks it's the best 450 in his opinion don't see why that is so hard to believe. He likes his bike, awesome. This sport is about fun and we don't all race and have to have some fire breathing bike that we can't hold on to for two laps. I've ridden every YZ4xxF from '99-09 and currently own an '08 that to me is the best 450 I've owned so far...for me. In stock form yes the power is mellow, rode it stock for six months no complaints. I had the suspension set up for my weight and added an exhaust and it's even better.

I'm an O/30, almost O/40 rider that rides only MX and been enjoying this sport for 17 years. I have ridden a couple of Honda and Kawasaki 450s throughout the years and always liked the Yamaha better.....

off to go riding!

The OP thinks it's the best 450 in his opinion don't see why that is so hard to believe. He likes his bike, awesome. This sport is about fun and we don't all race and have to have some fire breathing bike that we can't hold on to for two laps. I've ridden every YZ4xxF from '99-09 and currently own an '08 that to me is the best 450 I've owned so far...for me. In stock form yes the power is mellow, rode it stock for six months no complaints. I had the suspension set up for my weight and added an exhaust and it's even better.

I'm an O/30, almost O/40 rider that rides only MX and been enjoying this sport for 17 years. I have ridden a couple of Honda and Kawasaki 450s throughout the years and always liked the Yamaha better.....

off to go riding!

I'll second that! I have ridden Kawi, Honda, and Yami! Yami is the best bike I've ridden as well. I have raced for 25 years, used to race district 29 with Damon Bradshaw and all of the old timers. I not going to brag so I won't! I will say it's the best turning bike for considering I used to race a 06, 08 now my second 09. Now the 06 sucked. Hey lets just line them up and I will pull a second gear start and give you a little roost breakfast. :excuseme: