Header Options - 2006 WR450F

Hi, have had the big search and can't find the definitive answer to what the 'best' header option is (for my desired application :bonk: )

I feel that my WR is a little boggy/snatchy with light throttle applications particularly at low RPM.

The bike that I want to replicate the bottom end of is a DRZ400 (with pipe) that I had a chance to ride a few weeks ago, the one redeeming feature was how easy it was to use at low RPM on wet clay. Also had a spin on a new injected CRF450X last week, not so impressed :excuseme:

Also I want something that looks a little nicer, I have had good results with HPC coating on my roadbikes and so figured I would have that done if I get stuck with a steel header

I'm currently awaiting a JD jet kit so this may help more than the pipe? But popular opinion is that doing both ends is the dogs bollocks.

The options I have thought of are

1. Standard header (HPC coated) and slip on pipe

2. YZ header (stainless?) and slip on (or full YZ system)

3. Aftermarket full system

Bear in mind that I have no need of extra power, I have 3rd gear powerstands and 4th gear clutched wheelies at will.

Cool, I was unsure with all the variations in pipe sizes etc, I have got my eye on a Bills Pipe here in NZ for $200USD.

Just didn't want to get it, then discover I really needed a YZ or aftermarket header that then wouldn't fit that pipe.

Cheers guys, anyone esle care to add experience where the only thing they have changed is going to the p-bomb header etc?

There is a supplier in NZ that can do a stainless Two Brothers YZ header for $180USD, now I know that it fits the pipe, would this make much difference with the standard can?