HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigdrtrdr

Anyone ever bust their WR's clutch cover?

10 posts in this topic

My CFC case shield is already on, Looks great and really cleaned up the look of my well worn clutch cover.

Thanks CFC :)

Doesn't weight much, looks great, and I can leave *SOME* of the JBWeld at the house. :)

1.jpg

Thanks CFC! :D

Wow, those guys in the store are quick. I just bought mine online today, and about two hours later I get an email that the part has been shipped! Can't wait to put it on.

If I already have a crack in stock plate, should I JB Weld it up before installing cover? Or just slap it over the crack?

:)

Has anyone had trouble with the "ignition" side plate with damage? If there is enough demand the guys from CFC have said they may manufacture a shield for this side as well. :)

Got my clutch side cover today, less than 48 hours after ordering! I expected it to fit just a little closer than it does, I can get a fingernail under it all the way around. But, it looks good, weighs nothing, and I feel confident it is going to stop the oil weepage from the hairline crack just above my brake lever. As long as it stays on I'm stoked!

Geez, now that it's on the bike, I can barely refrain from riding it around the block to see if it goes much faster... I'm sure it will, I just know it! :)

OK, month and a half, CFC cover still in place. I siliconed it on right over my cracked cover, no more oil weepage! Many new scuffs and dings in CFC cover, for sure would have killed the stocker for good by now.

Good product. :)

OH, yeah, and I am pretty sure I picked up 3 horse, but haven't dyno'd it yet.

Has anyone had trouble with the "ignition" side plate with damage? If there is enough demand the guys from CFC have said they may manufacture a shield for this side as well. :)

Mine fell over on the pavement and the shifter put quite a nick in the ignition cover (on the recessed part of the cover) but didn't knock a hole in it. I would feel better about having a cover for that side and I'm having one built since CFC doesn't offer one. I do own own the CFC clutch cover guard and like it very much.