What Did You Do To Your XR Today . . . .

nice rack, I need something like that for hauling stuff out into the woods!

I'd be careful running a K&N filter though if you ride offroad much.. K&N's are great on the street cause they allow soo much air to flow, but they don't filter very well and aren't good in dusty conditions

I got the rack off ebay for cheap. He also has a wide version if you want a wider one. Look in his store.

LINK : 29 Dollar 96-04 XR250R/400 Rear Rack

I got the 3 pack of bungee's at the Dollar Store :excuseme:

K&N Replacement Air Filters are ideal for extended use in dirty and dusty off-road riding and provide clean carburetion even at high altitude. As a rule, no jet changes are required with just a K&N filter element. K&N replacement air filters are washable and reusable and provide high air-flow with excellent filtration.

They sold me with this ^^

Edited by r00t4rd3d

I got the rack off ebay for cheap. He also has a wide version if you want a wider one. Look in his store.

LINK : 29 Dollar 96-04 XR250R/400 Rear Rack

I got the 3 pack of bungee's at the Dollar Store :excuseme:

They sold me with this ^^

I had one and got rid of it, cause it was letting dirt get by in dusty conditions. Not bad for winter riding here, but in the heart of the summer it sucked.

I agree, dump the K&N for trail riding.

Yeah, same here. I had one of those on my G35 which never sees dirty conditions, and I noticed my motor oil was much dirtier than usual when I did my next oil change after that. I took the air filter out and there was quite a bit of fine dust on the clean side of the intake pipe. I replaced it with an Amsoil EA Nanofiber filter(I use these in my car and truck) and haven't looked back since.

If a vehicle such as my car, which only sees road driving and only on nice days during the spring/summer/fall, can suck in that much dirt through an intake, I'd hate to think what a vehicle such as a dirtbike can suck in through a similar product from the same manufacturer.

I run the UNI filter on my bike, and it seems to do a great job at filtering as well as flowing the necessary air into the motor.

I've got my entire XR to put back together............and finish tearing down my engine for a new connecting rod, valves, lighter flywheel....................a ton of stuff, just not enough time to complete in one day.

Do I have to ride my bike up there and help ?, cmon hurry up !! get that thing done :bonk:

Finished my wiring, front fender, started it up, :excuseme:

ok here it goes....prep for barstow vegas, buy and mount new tubes/tires, changed oil and filter,greased bearings and axels, cleaned uni filter, changed spark plug, checked valves, and helped my pal reassemble his carb, oh and i had to ask for help with the 18 pack in my fridge, a good day

Straightened the front end from a pile-driving exercise in the Mojave earlier this year. Bent the headlight bezel back into shape and removed one SMASHED Moose brush guard that'll be replaced here shortly. Fired the pig up and she started 5th kick but was inexplicably leaking gasoline from the bottom of the carb. Pulled the carb and removed the float bowl to reseal the gasket. Assembled the whole thing and will prob take her for a spin around the neighborhood to see how she feels.

November2009-121.jpg

• Like 1

As promised.....

XR400 forks

XR's only XR400 triple clamps

Warp 9 rim

CRF450 cut down fender

CRF450 front plate

DSC05486.jpg

DSC05485.jpg

DSC05484.jpg

Today I am going to true the wheels, mount up wider IMS footpegs, and a new shifter.

Just waiting on the A-loop setup and a box from RMC....

Edited by Z06PSI

I run the UNI filter on my bike, and it seems to do a great job at filtering as well as flowing the necessary air into the motor.

+1 UNI is what I run in offroad vehicles. Have always worked great for me and lasted a long time

I do use K&N in my street bike though. But that's just cause my bike came with it, so I just clean and lube it yearly and go with it :excuseme:

Parked my new to me 04 crf450r beside it! Now its Leaking oil! LOL. I have ran the K@N filter on mine since new and its got 20000mils on the stock engine!! No problems with clean filtration etc!! I just dont think it likes me very much now with the new ride parked beside it.

CRF450 cut down fender

CRF450 front plate

I was thinking of doing the same thing and was wishing that I knew of someone who had already done it to find how. Well, how did you do it? Fender bolt holes line up? How did you mount the number plate? A little how to would be awesome. Knowing that you put a different tripple clamp on it will the same procedure you used work for a stock xr250 tripple clamp? Out of curiosity, why the xrsonly tripple clamp? Also, why the xr400 fork conversion?

I was thinking of doing the same thing and was wishing that I knew of someone who had already done it to find how. Well, how did you do it? Fender bolt holes line up? How did you mount the number plate? A little how to would be awesome. Knowing that you put a different tripple clamp on it will the same procedure you used work for a stock xr250 tripple clamp? Out of curiosity, why the xrsonly tripple clamp? Also, why the xr400 fork conversion?

The fender was a direct fit with a little cutting on the back bottom so the engine would get some air. I cut about 4" off. The number plate will need a couple of brackets but other than that it looks like a great addition. After I make the brackets I will take some pictures for you. The bottom clamp is a stock painted XR400 clamp. The XR 250 steering stem pressed right in. I used some metal etching primer with some appliance paint and it turned out great. I used the top XR's only clamp because I could not find a stocker and it has the oversized bar mounts. The XR400 forks have more adjustability and are little more durable then the XR250's.

The fender was a direct fit with a little cutting on the back bottom so the engine would get some air. I cut about 4" off. The number plate will need a couple of brackets but other than that it looks like a great addition. After I make the brackets I will take some pictures for you. The bottom clamp is a stock painted XR400 clamp. The XR 250 steering stem pressed right in. I used some metal etching primer with some appliance paint and it turned out great. I used the top XR's only clamp because I could not find a stocker and it has the oversized bar mounts. The XR400 forks have more adjustability and are little more durable then the XR250's.

Wow, that sounds like a pretty straight forward conversion. :excuseme: I look forward to seeing the brackets. Are you going to keep the stock rear fender or use a mx style to match the front?

• Like 1