Sierra club hike @ reiter snohomish wa.

FALL HIKE, Reiter Foothills Lowland Forest Near Index, US Highway 2

Posted by Jacquie Powers Sunday, November 22nd, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Sun. Nov. 22nd. Meet 10 am at the Monroe "smoke stack".

Join local Reiter Foothills expert Mike Town as we venture into the Reiter Foothills. Learn the history behind the Reiter Foothills and enjoy many "hidden gems" the forest has to offer. Witness the destruction ORV overuse and abuse has caused in this magnificent area. Highlights include a vista of Wild Sky Wilderness from the top of the Index Town Wall. Moderately paced 6-8 mile hike with a 1,200 foot elevation gain. Bring good rain gear, sturdy boots, all ten essentials and non-cotton clothing. For more information see: www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/amp_rec_reiter_foothills_general_information_sheet.pdf).

Sign up and carpool information: Tom Crisp at tomsco@crisp4.com or 425-737-0350.

ANYONE UP FOR A HIKE? PLS FWD THIS NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up, I will be up working on some of the water crossings with David Way. I'll make sure that we keep an eye out for them and to check to see that they don't park illegally. :excuseme:

FYI, the lower lot is barricaded except for a spot where you could pull in. If you pull in and park, you get a ticket according to DNR-Ron. There is however a small section of space between the road and the barricades that is legal to park at. In case anyone here goes up... :bonk:

A few or two dirt bikers ought to tag along on this hike. Do not disclose that you own a dirt bike but do talk about how great it is to hike everywhere and anywhere. Knobby tires and CO2 pollution sucks. :foul:

This could be a learning experience. There is NO way you will change their opinion but it'd be a good way to learn what they're up to. :bonk:?:excuseme:

I understand the dislike as their agenda is part of their beliefs/philosophy and will not be changed by the organization as a whole.However, going up there to act like an ass will only play into their hands and fulfill the image they are fed that all off roaders are uneducated and aggressive.By all means if you've got something to say, say it ,just don't be the first to come out swinging.As a whole none of those people will ever be your friends but going there to act like an ass,if thats your plan ,will make damn sure that their individual votes and donations will work against us all.IMO!

I understand the dislike as their agenda is part of their beliefs/philosophy and will not be changed by the organization as a whole.However, going up there to act like an ass will only play into their hands and fulfill the image they are fed that all off roaders are uneducated and aggressive.By all means if you've got something to say, say it ,just don't be the first to come out swinging.As a whole none of those people will ever be your friends but going there to act like an ass,if thats your plan ,will make damn sure that their individual votes and donations will work against us all.IMO!

Looked at a past list of the hikes the put on,Reiter came up in past hikes a couple(2) times this year and Fall from last. If you talk to these people be polite and ask thier thoughts before you give out any information. Please don't be argumenitive,agressive. People are people I don't agree with what most of them have to say,but then agin I grew up here, learned what second growth was 45 years ago. I'm 54 and that ain't old if your a tree.

Guys, The Sierra Clubs agenda is to eliminate motorized recreation plain and simple. They have already made up their minds and being nice is not going to change the way these people think. I don't think we should get in their faces or anything, but this not going to help our cause.

Looked at a past list of the hikes the put on,Reiter came up in past hikes a couple(2) times this year and Fall from last. If you talk to these people be polite and ask thier thoughts before you give out any information. Please don't be argumenitive,agressive. People are people I don't agree with what most of them have to say,but then agin I grew up here, learned what second growth was 45 years ago. I'm 54 and that ain't old if your a tree.
sdavies... you're still old. :excuseme:

Don't forget to carb load the night before. Chili burger + pickled eggs, side of asparagus with cheese sauce, wash it down with some green ale. Represent the orvr's well and take point on the trail.

Point out all the natural caused damages from winter, flooding, wind etc... mention mother nature must really be a dumb bitc for what she does.

sdavies... you're still old. :excuseme:

Ya may be but just think of all the riding I've done that you will never be able to do. Unless it's on a road bike or by foot. You can't beat the green movement by getting in thier face,but some how from ones that I've met they aren't untouchable.

Very interested to hear how it goes. Hopefully you will follow through and really make the hike.

As has been pointed out, being an ass isn't going to help our perception.

1. Please try your best to get them to differentiate between the different groups of ORV users and what thier impact really amounts to.

2. Point out how much maintainance is done by the local two (and even four wheeled users.

3. See if the guide really knows who established the trails, built the bridges, and clears the trails there.

Hope for the best.

Kill them with kindness is always a better initial stategy than being unreasonably argumentative.

They are NOT going up there to view Wildsky from Index Wall. That is the story they are claiming but the real story will be, "We tried to enjoy our hike but the damage from ORV's just ruined our day!"

Reiter is far from scenic compared to the areas just over the mountain pass. Furthermore, a real fall hike would be in mid October BEFORE all the leaves had fallen. This is a propaganda hike, pure and simple.

I hope the a-holes that tore this place up are happy.

Greg

FALL HIKE, Reiter Foothills Lowland Forest Near Index, US Highway 2

Posted by Jacquie Powers Sunday, November 22nd, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm Sun. Nov. 22nd. Meet 10 am at the Monroe "smoke stack".

Join local Reiter Foothills expert Mike Town as we venture into the Reiter Foothills. Learn the history behind the Reiter Foothills and enjoy many "hidden gems" the forest has to offer. Witness the destruction ORV overuse and abuse has caused in this magnificent area. Highlights include a vista of Wild Sky Wilderness from the top of the Index Town Wall. Moderately paced 6-8 mile hike with a 1,200 foot elevation gain. Bring good rain gear, sturdy boots, all ten essentials and non-cotton clothing. For more information see: www.dnr.wa.gov/Publications/amp_rec_reiter_foothills_general_information_sheet.pdf).

Sign up and carpool information: Tom Crisp at tomsco@crisp4.com or 425-737-0350.

ANYONE UP FOR A HIKE? PLS FWD THIS NOTICE!!!!!!!!!!