please help!!! wr426f timing question??

i got my wr426f timed up and from what i know it should have 13 pins between the 12 o clock marks. got it line up alight with 13 pins and then put cam caps and tensioner on any the timing looked off by 1 or two teeth. if i line the cams up with the surface of the head without the tensioner on they have 12 pins between them and look perfect should i just try it with the 12 pins and see if it wors. i know there should be 12 pins between the top marks on the cams for yz timing but i didnt think that it would have the marks lining up perfect and the lobes looking almost exactly in the same position. help greatly appreciated i need to get the bike back running!!:excuseme: im trying to post pics but my camras not working.

Looks perfect to me.

As Grayracer always says the cam dot alignment is the important part, not the pin count, it's just a cross reference.

But marks line up and pin count is good so I'd say :excuseme:

Put the tensioner in and rotate through the crank a couple times to double check they line up.

Looks like you have the YZ timing. You noticed the exhaust cam mark turned a little more towards the intake with the tensioner on. Rotate it around to TDC a couple times and if all still lines up then I'd say close her up and fire her up.

got it running and took it for a ride. it revs faster and i was able to do a third gear wheelie. bad news is it has developed a ticking noise. souds like there is more noise than before. im a little scared to ride it now because it started ticking after i shut down the engine. it was still ticking when i went inside!!! i did get the engine very hot though because i left the choke on by mistake the first lap around the block. anybody know why its ticking. do you think i need to take it apart again? the ticking while running isnt real bad but it is noticable.

got it running and took it for a ride. it revs faster and i was able to do a third gear wheelie. bad news is it has developed a ticking noise. souds like there is more noise than before. im a little scared to ride it now because it started ticking after i shut down the engine. it was still ticking when i went inside!!! i did get the engine very hot though because i left the choke on by mistake the first lap around the block. anybody know why its ticking. do you think i need to take it apart again? the ticking while running isnt real bad but it is noticable.

Ticking when the engine was shut down????

A rythmic ticking or random?