Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rmcr250r

fmf q4 vs stock 09 yz450 exhaust

6 posts in this topic

I don't know. What I do know is that I'm grinning ear to ear after a full day at Mammoth Bar OHV park MX track with my new 96db MRD full stainless system with spark arrestor. Slightly quieter (than stock) and a deeper snarl to go with unbelievable power gains. I was riding 20 laps with stock pipe + pro moto billet spark arrestor insert. I got arm pump after 5 with the new pipe. After a break and some "getting back in proper form" I was able to pull 15 but man oh man was the grin huge. Gone is the clutch slipping for power. Hello to the front tire climbing into your face power. Short approach 45' table top no problem now...

Anybody who says a YZ450F is slow has been riding the stock pipe.

Thanks Gray and others who recommended the MRD. I'm one very happy customer!!

yea basically id like to keep it quiet but want some power gains as well cause the stocker is lacking. I do like the 20% off deal with fmf though

I paid $479 delivered to my door for the whole system. The power gains are unreal. I'm sure the Q would be good also although there is another major difference (besides the can) I noted in comparing the MRD to stock. The inlet to the header is only about 2/3 of the size of stock on the MRD (MRD is smaller). I'm assuming the added back pressure does something for the power cause it really rips. I had about 45 hours with stock and notice a major difference. Sometimes you can find an ebay deal on a brand new MRD also.

I paid $479 delivered to my door for the whole system. The power gains are unreal. I'm sure the Q would be good also although there is another major difference (besides the can) I noted in comparing the MRD to stock. The inlet to the header is only about 2/3 of the size of stock on the MRD (MRD is smaller). I'm assuming the added back pressure does something for the power cause it really rips. I had about 45 hours with stock and notice a major difference. Sometimes you can find an ebay deal on a brand new MRD also.

What type of system did he built for you? Low-mid, overall or mid-high?

I just sent in the order form from his web site. There are no options for power range. The options are for sound level and spark arrestor or not. I ordered the 96db, procomp tip with spark arrestor. Hope this helps