HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bultaco

WHICH YEAR 2000 OR LATER XR 650 R TO BUY?

3 posts in this topic

I am looking at 2000 and newer 650r's in different classifieds. In particular, there is a 2001 with little use and all stock. What is a good price for it? Also, What are the differences, if any, from 2000-2003? I believe that the suspension went from Showa to Kayaba's from 2002 to 2003? At what price would it make sense to buy a used one that is in good shape...let's say stock over a new 2003 from motorcycle-brokers in Canada for $5,000? Seem to be solid bikes, yet you never know of an unseen problem in an otherwise very good looking bike...

Thanks so much for any wisdom and experience! Joe :)

Bold New Graphics is the major change between years. 2002 and up was supposed to have the updated clutch bushing and countershaft seal. Very simple to replace in other year models. There weren't any other major changes. I gave 4399.00 OTD for a brand new 2001 last April. A friend of mine bought a used 2001 last August that had barely been ridden for $3800.00 with 2 bike trailer and helmet.

I bought a new 2001 last year for $4495. Check out the dealer in your area for the best deal. That will give you an upper limit on what there worth.