HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ninthrazor

2000 YZ426F for Woods Riding

15 posts in this topic

I mainly use my bike for woods riding. If I don't change anything else, would it be a "big" deal to install a flywheel with a weight as the WR426F has? How would affect my bike good or bad? Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

To my understanding it would make the bike less likely to stall and smooth out the power a little. Im waiting for my one, just ordered it today

I never put a weight in my old 00, never really felt it needed it. 13/52 gearing and let 'er rip.

Yep, when I first moved out here to altitude, with steep woods riding, I had the 13/52. After I got the carb fine tuned and leaned out (added the accel pump cover, Storm needle too). That really helped the bottom end. I went to a 51 and now a 50 as I learned to ride these monster mountains.

Never added weight to the flywheel. Never needed it.

In 2000 I had one 426 with gearing changes and then one with gearing and a flywheel. For my riding area and ability the gearing-along changes was the ticket!

I ride a 2001 YZ426 that is dual sported. I run a WR flywheel and stator for the extra electricity, but I still use the stock gearing. There are times that I wish I had a lower 1st gear in the single track and a taller 5th gear on the roads.

I did notice that the bike is less likely to stall in the woods with the WR flywheel, but if I could get the extra power I need with the stock YZ I would go back to it.

IMO you are better off adding a FWW and making the gearing higher or stock so you can rev the motor out longer and shift less. Especially fun on single track.

IMO you are better off adding a FWW and making the gearing higher or stock so you can rev the motor out longer and shift less. Especially fun on single track.

What is an FWW? Sorry, not good with acronyms.

Sorry man! I guess I could've been clearer. Where are you located in WA? Where do you ride?

Which one of us are you talking to? :banghead: