HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yama450YFZ

Carb cleaning 98' WR400

3 posts in this topic

I am looking to clean out the carb on my 98' WR400 I am just wondering if there are any gaskets or seals I will need to order for it for reassembly or if there is a rebuild kit for it.

Thanks, Ray

I just did my 99 a few days ago. After removing the carb, i took of the top cover to check/clean the needle, and took off the bowl to clean, replace the needle valve and seat. I Cleaned all, in/out with carb/choke cleaner and cleared passages with compressed air. No gaskets or seals required for me, other than the parts i replaced for my specific symptoms. One issue I had was a leak with the accelarator pump. But it was because I didn't clean it when i had the carb out. Had to do it on the bike.

Local part shops seemed to have trouble locating aftermarket kits for my FCR 39. I Ended up going OEM for the parts I needed.

I just did my 99 a few days ago. After removing the carb, i took of the top cover to check/clean the needle, and took off the bowl to clean, replace the needle valve and seat. I Cleaned all, in/out with carb/choke cleaner and cleared passages with compressed air. No gaskets or seals required for me, other than the parts i replaced for my specific symptoms. One issue I had was a leak with the accelarator pump. But it was because I didn't clean it when i had the carb out. Had to do it on the bike.

Local part shops seemed to have trouble locating aftermarket kits for my FCR 39. I Ended up going OEM for the parts I needed.

Thanks for the help I am going to get started tonight