Thoughts/Opinions on this idea..

Ok so I'm in need of some new graphics for my 07 as the OEM one's have started falling off. I'm also looking at getting a DEZ tank, which means I have to choose between IMS/Clarke (yes that old debate). If I go with the IMS I will need new shrouds and graphics (YZ specific) and it will just outright cost more. However, I found these shrouds from polisport with the graphics embedded in the plastic.

pol_09_1258070001.jpg

So with this setup the only additional cost is the price diff between the tanks. Or I go with a Clarke tank and continue to use my WR shrouds and buy some new aftermarket graphics. This option would likely save me at least $50, but I'm still not sure which tank is the better tank. It seems kinda lame but also kinda kewl to put YZ graphics on my WR, just to make it a little different. Anyhow just reaching out for some thoughts/opinions.....

If I stick with WR stuff and CLarke then these are the graphics I'd go with..

fac_09_evo6_gra_kit_yam.jpg

That's a good idea with the embedded graphics. Still, I think you can use YZ Graphics on WR shrouds and not have a problem. Maybe some real minor mods to make it a go.

My graphics and YZ shrouds are so hacked on the WR now, that next time around I may just go with a Clarke tank and re-install my like new original WR shrouds and graphics rather than buying more of the YZ stuff. A little more expensive this way, but can then sell the IMS tank if needed to make up the difference.

That's a good idea with the embedded graphics. Still, I think you can use YZ Graphics on WR shrouds and not have a problem. Maybe some real minor mods to make it a go.

On a side now here, the yz250f uses the same plastics rad shrouds as the wr450f (aluminum frame).

What I cant figure out is why in the heck didnt Yamaha use the same dang shrouds on all 4 bikes (wr/yz 250/450) :smirk:

Then the only thing one has to do is print graphics

I really like the Polisport shrouds with the imbedded graphics. Who distributes them? I see their regular shrouds listed in the ThumperTalk store, but they don't list these with the graphics.

OK, I too am going to install a larger tank. My shrouds and graffics are currently like new. Because of that, I am going to get the Clarke tank and hope that by the time I need new shrouds/graffics Polisport will have them for the WR.

If my shrouds and graffics were toast I would go IMS and Polisport YZ.

FWIW

The polisport website shows the yz and wr shrouds with and without the imbedded graphics. However, I don't see the imbedded graphix type shown in the distributors catalogs (western power sports etc). Anyone know how these can be ordered?

I went this route.......

PB210284.jpg

PB210282.jpg

So I guess I'll be getting the Clarke tank once I get to that point, next spring!