HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mattyd1977

yzf 450 front wheel alaignment

6 posts in this topic

Not sure if anyone else had had this drama but my front wheel on my 06 450 sits approx 12 mm (about half inch) closer to the left fork than the right, I have measured everything and cant solve it, both the spacers are ok, the axle sits sweet, is it normal?

loosen all your spokes down to one thread . Start with one turn at a time tighten every third spoke all the way around. keep going tell tight.

Not sure if anyone else had had this drama but my front wheel on my 06 450 sits approx 12 mm (about half inch) closer to the left fork than the right, I have measured everything and cant solve it, both the spacers are ok, the axle sits sweet, is it normal?
Have the tripla clamps been changed? Does the right side end of the axle sit fairly near flush with the end of the bore in the fork lug?

Hey greyracer, yep, the axle fits flush the the fork leg, the triple clamps are the same but I have recently fitted new spoke so I am going to check them as oak hill biker suggested.

thanks guys.

... I have recently fitted new spoke ...

There's your problem: you centered the wheel incorrectly. But don't loosen all the spokes, only those on the left side. Loosen the entire left side by about two turns, then take up the right side by that amount. You may have to repeat this a time or two if you're off by 12mm, but that's the approach to take.

It is interesting that the problem is often solved by knowledge a bit of *important* information that is usually left off of the initial post.