HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Flooder305

Is it a keeper?

19 posts in this topic

Hey, just curious, I can flip this tire around and run it the other way for a while right?

Its up to you...my philosophy is if I'm putting the time/effort/work in to taking the tire off then a NEW one is going on :smirk:

I don't think its too bad yet? mine looks like that.....is that from ripping up and down the street?

Not too bad, but not great either.... I keep the street rides to a minimum... Post maintenance and the like...

Yes you can.

Haha spitting image of my old tyre! Budget was tight so I sharpened the edges with a blade! Haha

Haha spitting image of my old tyre! Budget was tight so I sharpened the edges with a blade! Haha

As funny as that seems....I think thats a great idea! At least as a last resort...

Sure you can, however having done it in the past I've noticed that the back side will start tearing out much easier. That tire still looks good though, why not wait until it's actually worn down.....

Is that a burnie?

If you mean burnout, no. That would be TT member JoeDizzle's new tire after the Big sky XC. Do you think it was too soft a tire?:smirk:

I'd flip it. 20 minutes of your time (at the most) to squeeze out about 150 more miles from a tire is worth it.

You could get this

That's actually quite intriguing, however at $60, that's a pretty high price point...

I would leave it unless you ride sand/loam or mud all the time. Flipping it will give you some more traction on acceleration but hurt your braking performance. On hard pack most of your traction comes from rubber compound and contact area anyway.

If you are good at changing tires go for it but if there is a good chance you will spend an afternoon swearing and popping tubes, leave it go and save up for a new one.

That's actually quite intriguing, however at $60, that's a pretty high price point...

I agree but then again I don't race or need that little extra edge of traction.

I'd run it the way it is for a couple hundred more miles myself. That tire is in excellent shape. :excuseme:

Boobs! :bonk:

Yeah, I was getting antsy, the tire is back on the same way for a post T-giving ride. I don't have a set of irons yet, so it just would've been frustrating either way.

Thanks for all the input.:excuseme: