HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Matt_Porritt

Online Manual

9 posts in this topic

I've finished scanning in all the appropriate parts of the maunaul (skipped the bits on cleaning at the start and identification of controls-ie clutch lever , kickstart etc)

Come to 260 pages!! I have alot MORE work to do! :D

I'll start putting it together in a website.. and possibly a .pdf file so it can all be downloaded and stored on your machine.

Will have to 'aquire' Adobe Acrobat 4 to do it but that will be not probs! :D

In the mean time, if you want anything I can post it here until I'm fully sorted out.

Hope this helps someone! :)

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop

Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

Hey Matt,

It's me, manual-less YZ400 moto-head in Japan.

This may seem like a silly question, but it's important. Motocross Action Magazine did an article on changing the oil/filter and said 1700 c.c.s. capacity(August 2000 issue P.41) I was told when I purchased the bike it took a quart and a half. 1700 cc's is more than a quart and 1/2. (1.5 quarts = 1,419.53 cc)

Which is right. I put in 1 1/2 quarts at first and the dipstick was reading O-kay, but after doing the 1700 cc conversion, I added 200 more cc's to be safe. It looked a bit high on the dipstick. Hook me up bro.

Heres a good link for 'ya to boot. It's a good tool to have handy.

http://www.psinvention.com/zoetic/convert.htm

Thanks again my friend. Theres actually two of us out here. My bud's got the 426. That means your really helping two of us out. Everything I learn here I pass it on to him. I've only got 2 rides on the 4 stroke so far and I'm really starting to improve. I love the mid hit, It just doesn't like to go slow. I turned up the idle and I'm stalling less and less. Only twice last ride. I'ts a real blast to ride now. I was just going through 2 stroke withdrawals at first. Thanks again. R- u in New Zealand? (Ie. Rubber Chicken Racing) Is it your business?

Yip I'm in NZ.

Rubber Chicken is Me! :)

Got alot of work to do on the website!

Know anyone who wants to buy a mint, trick 99 YZ400 with about 6 months use on it?

WILL SHIP IT WORLD WIDE :D

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Vist the Rubber Chicken Racing Online Shop

Discounts for ThumperTalk members.

Why would you do this? Go down to your dealer and talk to the service guys. Yamaha has their manuals for like the 99 and newer bikes in PDF form. Service, owners and assembly manuals for MANY bikes. IT is ONLY available on the YDS site (yamaha dealer site). Talk the dealer into downloading it and giving it to you.

Matt, can you send me a copy?

markhron@yahoo.com

thanks! :ride:

Did you perhaps realize the thread is 5 years old??? I bet you will not get an answer from Matt Porritt, his last post in TT was 11-09-2000. :applause: