2010 YZ450 in stock at Roseville Yamaha in Sacramento ,CA

It's definately gonna feel heavy on and off the stand!

Aside from that on track I think everyone thus far I have read from say it feels "two stroke" like in turning (which is hard to describe aside from saying it's all mass centralization)

After riding the 09 honda I am a believer in mass centralization!

My friend outside Seattle has the 2010, and previously the 08 YZ450F, the year I truly thought the Yamaha felt like a 250F. So my buddy tells me "if you think your 08 felt small (like a 250F), do not ride my '10; it'll make yours feel like a 02 CRF450."

Of course there's a bit embellishment, but my bud's a credible source and remembers the frame/width feeling from the 02 CRF to the 05 CRF that we both had.

Who's reporting a "heavy and a big feel"? Every report I've read says the bike feels very light, almost 250F like.

does anyone know where to buy a 2010 yz450 at a very good price with out bunch of dealer bs? I don't care if i have to go to the moon to get a good price. If anyone knows a great dealer, please let me know. THX

Call Kevin at Delta Sports Center in Delta Utah. 435-864-3432 he's usually a no BS guy with pretty good prices.

When I get to ride it, I'll let you know.

hey rick, i was worried about it feeling heavy too. but i just spoke to a guy that just ditched his 09 honda for the new yam. he said the blue bike feels lighter in the air and when leaning it over in turns. he was amazed at how much better the yam tracked and overall he said it blew his honda out of the water.

this is the bike im going to get. its ten times more impressive in person:banana:

hey rick, i was worried about it feeling heavy too. but i just spoke to a guy that just ditched his 09 honda for the new yam. he said the blue bike feels lighter in the air and when leaning it over in turns. he was amazed at how much better the yam tracked and overall he said it blew his honda out of the water.

this is the bike im going to get. its ten times more impressive in person:banana:

Interesting. Hard to believe it feels any lighter than an 09 Honda in the air as it does a pretty good job in this area - 250 like.

It's the balance thing that got my panties in a wad with the 09. It's winter so I won't be buying one anytime soon - I like the summer months better, but will have a chance to ride one soon. I'm sure like any other bike, there will be pluses and minuses for us all debate about, along with the few that rave it's better than their first love. I won't be any faster so no rush on my end. I''ll be glad to offer my ride report however.

I'm just trying to understand where they added an extra 10lbs? The engine or frame?

Interesting. Hard to believe it feels any lighter than an 09 Honda in the air as it does a pretty good job in this area - 250 like.

It's the balance thing that got my panties in a wad with the 09. It's winter so I won't be buying one anytime soon - I like the summer months better, but will have a chance to ride one soon. I'm sure like any other bike, there will be pluses and minuses for us all debate about, along with the few that rave it's better than their first love. I won't be any faster so no rush on my end. I''ll be glad to offer my ride report however.

I'm just trying to understand where they added an extra 10lbs? The engine or frame?

i think the added weight is in the engine. the new frame is so freakin thin, it must not weigh much