HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dbshea

Traded my yz426 for a wr450...what now??

5 posts in this topic

Evening thumpers, as the title states I just traded my 00 yz426 (pretty modified) for a bone stock 07 wr450. I think I did pretty darn well in that deal, gonna miss my xd 45 but I think the bike will make up for it. Anyway, what can I expect out of this bike? Best/ worst mods? As soon as I post this I'm going straight to the stickies. My big question is what of the street legal stuff can I ditch. Really only want to keep the lights for desert legality.

Haha, not too likely...even all corked up this thing has potential. I cannot believe that A) the factory produced this bike with that terrible a throttle stop and :smirk: that the PO left it that way!!

Yea I saw that on one of the stickies...I'm pretty sure the exhaust , the intake snorkels, the gray wire, and the AIS garbage is mandatory. Any other tips for a new WR guy? I'm In the process of ditching the lights and the speedo. May make quick disco's so I can slap them back on for the desert. Not sure yet...