Taffy,I've been sick

Taffy, sorry about not getting back sooner

on the p-38 with jetting changes. I went to Glen Helen on Tuesday and it was so hot that I left after about an hour of riding. I hadn't gotten a hold of the needles before going out there so I couldnt test. After I left the track , I drove all the way to LA.,

to Sudco to get EKN, EKP, and EKR needles

and when I got home, proceeded to put the ekr needle in. I fired the bike up and it sounded just a bit lean but I wanted to test at the track to make sure . So, Saturday I planned to go to G.H. to test and ride again

but Fri. night I went with some friends to THEIR favorite chinese restaurant. Well 3am

came and I blew chunks , must have been food poisoning because 7am came and my buddy called. I told him to bring a bottle of Pepto Bismol over with him, and if taking it made me feel better I'd go. Ten minutes later

he had all my gear and bike loaded up, then all of the sudden chunks,both ends. well, needless to say, I managed to get to the track,I sat in a chair for 3 hours,finally got the strength to put my gear on in 100 degree heat, started up my bike headed for the track entrance and sure enough CLOSED FOR

WATERING! After what seemed like 45 minutes , they opened up the track and I went around once, SLOWLY. That was it,I was done , I should have stayed home. Well, hopefully

the next trip will will yield more positive results, I'll keep you posted as things change. God bless.

------------------

So Cal Erik

Visit my club's site at <A HREF="http://www.ruts.org

" TARGET=_blank>www.ruts.org

</A>

With WR timing you may want to try a little richer. EMN #4 is a first guess. Maybe EMN #5 would be worth considering also when it gets cooler. Low elevations but warm temperatures with E-- needle, 165-170??? Nothing is hard set here. Your bike, your setting, this would be a good starting point.

James

Well Taffy, here it is, Thursday afternoon and I still feel a little run down and grouchy

. But I was wondering, do you think our bikes feel

like us humans do when they're not quite jetted right? Or when we neglect them for a few days, or are too lazy to wash them right away, do you think they are mad at us, or their feelings are hurt? Do you think that

If I gave my bike a bad tank of gas IT would lose seven pounds? Out both ends? Wouldn't that be nice!

What if I insult it and tell it that it's a fat pig and tell it to go on a diet or i'll leave it, would it become annorexic

andlose weight on its own for free? Well, what's your input guys? humor me.

sincerely, Grouchy Erik

Originally posted by So Cal Erik:

But I was wondering, do you think our bikes feel

like us humans do when they're not quite jetted right? Or when we neglect them for a few days, or are too lazy to wash them right away, do you think they are mad at us, or their feelings are hurt?

My 426 HATES being washed. To keep it happy I only wash it if it has been exposed to mud, which is almost never here in NM. Usually I'll blow off dust and oil/sand crud with an air compressor. I don't know how people who live in wet (or wetter, which is 'bout anywhere) areas deal with it :D I rode in mud once and spent $4 at a coin-op wash! Then I had to change oil and grease/lube EVERYTHING ? This black mud had managed to infiltrate literally everywhere, swingarm pivots, steering head bearings, air box, throttle tube, control cables, motor oil EVERYWHERE. Then, of course, my almost brand new RK O-Ring chain was toast :D even though I swear I never aimed the water jet directly at it. Despite all this effort I am still finding little spots of black mud tucked away here and there, like INSIDE my handelbars (and I have Cycra bar-end guards!)

In short, my 426 and I are ANTI-MOISTURE.

My 426 also hates being dropped and tempermentally refuses to track straight after the mildest of spills. I punish it by mercilessly hacking front tire against posts/rocks/trees to straighten it out again.

It also likes being fired up in my garage and revved in the wee hours of the morning if I've been drinking. I haven't discovered how it knows when I'm drunk, but I can blip the throttle until the carb bowl is empty and it refuses to foul plugs, unless I am sober.

What is also strange is that it runs better the longer I leave it sitting :D

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited 07-27-2000).]