HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Diabs

Magic button....love it!

12 posts in this topic

Well, I went to my first Enduro Event here in the Ganarska Forest. I'm still learning and getting acquainted to my new to me wr450 '06.

Not knowing what to expect with being timed and never riding this level of single track b4, I was a bit nervous. Well, flying out of the gate with 2 riders beside me, and heading into the unknown on a bike that I'm still learning was such a rush.....after 3 or so turns I calmed down and got right into it.

Ther was about 120 riders and 75% were KTM's (alot of 300 smokers), saw a few wr's, couple Suzuki 's and some Husk's....

The single track was not for the faint of heart as I learned fast....but the WR just ate everything up!....had more than a few HOLY SH*T moments, and bailed 3 times on a couple of narly hill climbs....and this is where I fell in love with my bike! LOL...

Being able to lift and get ready to jump back on my bike while still on a incline, and trying to catch my breath, and making sure no one blasts up behind me....I grab the hot start, push the magic button, and grab a fist of throttle and gone!....

4 hrs later!....still smiling! little worn...I came out of the forest with a real apprecitation for my WR. She preformed flawlessly and kept me in the race the whole time.

Talking to a few guys on KTM's, one fellow who I passed that went down...told me when he bailed on a hill, he overheated himself trying to kick over his bike for the better part of 30min's, and he just had to give up and sit it out till he came around.....after telling him my little mishaps, he starting checking out my bike and liking the idea of the magic button!

Did I say I love this bike!......body was alittle sore for 3 days, but can't wait to do it again!

Gotta love the blue!

i love my 06 wr for that same exact reason.... I have stalled mine and never had to put a foot down...

I also own a 300 smoker (gasgas) but for the most part, I am on the wr...

it is a very good bike..

01 wr426, you should see my right leg, The tone, The definition, F##k i'd kill for an 03 and up with a magic button, :smirk:

01 wr426, you should see my right leg, the tone, the definition, f##k i'd kill for an 03 and up with a magic button, :smirk:

lmao!!!!.....

You should be proud of your 01 WR, ive got one two. Old Skool! Only wimps need electric start!

I didn't think I'd need one - you know, the ol' ego - but I love it. I think it gives me so much more peace of mind knowing that if/when I kill it in a corner or nasty situation it's just a second or so away from keeping it going.

My 2 riding buddies take the pi## out of me having to kick it up...........

But i've seen them when there batteries have failed, F##k me thats funny, laughed so much i nearly pi##ed myself.

Kick start is for rude guys and impresses girls, but after 10 hours riding tight technical trails, the magic button is like being in heaven!!

100_1281Medium.jpg

Amen brother, looking into getting a younger ride, problem is guys I ride with have too many makes involved, Rode an wr450 08, klx450 08 and a ktm 450exc 07. all sweet rides, there going on about ride, build quality, etc etc and all i'm seeing is a magic button.......... now its just coming down to funding.

Which pretty much aint happening, cause the boss has informed me we need a new bathroom 1st.:smirk:

So it looks like I'm still kick starting for the foreseeable future.

Must admit when she kicks in to life its very satisfying. Ah well still getting out and dirty so always a bonus:thumbsup:

Kick start is for rude guys and impresses girls, but after 10 hours riding tight technical trails, the magic button is like being in heaven!!

100_1281Medium.jpg

you look like giants in a forest