HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Race Face

07 WR450 Jetting?

5 posts in this topic

My 07 WR450 is about 2yrs old. I've done all the mods minus the air box and air injection kit. I just installed a White Bros header and pipe. Doesn't seem to be running as well at high rpm. I've checked White Bros website, couldn't find any info on jetting. Do I need to change the jetting after installing exhaust? Is the air injection causing this? Does anyone have a preference for jetting. I ride in southern California deserts, anything would help.

Thanks

When you install a more open exhaust , you need to richen the jetting. There is not single jetting setup for a particular bike model or exhaust. You must test your bike and adjust to suit for your bike and where you ride. But I suggest trying a main at least 2 sizes larger and possibly raising the needle a clip or two (movng it farther from the top/flat).