Anyone have an Acerbis Plastic Skid plate?

If you like the stock plastic one , you can just cut a peice from a plastic oil bucket to cover the mudhole. A friend of mine did that and just used large flange rivets to attach it to the stock plate. WR Dave

i did the same thing, but used zip ties...works good and looks like poop.

the wife wants to know what I want for christmas and an aftermarket skid plate is the only thing i really think of getting for my bike..

I like the stock plate and the acerbis covers the mud hole

IMHO the "plastic" skids are only going to provide so much protection.

Notice how the stock one doesnt really protech the side covers and it leaves a big hole in the front by the frame:

P9140011.jpg

Here is the aluminum one that fills the hole and protects the side covers:

P1010031.jpg

Is that the Works connection off-road skidplate?

Had the Flatlands model and the TT skid plate on my last bike WR250F...both fins bent easily and the aluminum construction made the engine noise resonate loudly. I checked some photos of the Acerbis and it covers the front of the engine, the sides (better than stock) and is cheaper to boot. I'm going Acerbis! Just my 2 cents

I've got the Acerbis plate on my 09 WR 450 and really like the fit and look. Way quieter than an aluminum one as well. Just got the bike and haven't ridden it off-road yet (so I can't atest to it's durability) as I'm stuck over hear in the UK at the moment but expect to be home (So Cal) next weekend and plan on taking it out then.

It fills the hole left by the stocker quite nicely.

John