Does the YZ450F oem oil filter have different type specifications?

Does the YZ450F'S oem oil filter have different type specifications?

Today,i heard from a guy that the yz450f's oem oil filter have different type specifications,while the best type is for racing.

I dont know whether it is true.

thanks a lot!

Edited by lesi88

The '98-'02 had a bronze mesh filter that provided marginal filtration. The element was changed to a paper type in '03 when the oil capacity was reduced. The part number changed in '08 for reasons I never bothered to research, but all '98-'09 filters will physically interchange.

I use a Scotts stainless mesh filter that can be cleaned and reused indefinitely.

Read:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4676297#post4676297

grayracer513,thank you for the details you provided.

Next I will also consider about the stainless mesh filter.

I want to order several oil filters for my 08 yz450f from a guy and the guy said that there are several types oem oil filter with the same dimension ,the best type is for racing,and also the best one 's price is more expensive ,about $17.

I have never heard that there is one racing oem filter for 08 yz450f.

I make no recommendations as to which paper filter to use.

T

I use a Scotts stainless mesh filter that can be cleaned and reused indefinitely.

grayracer513,where can i buy the Scotts stainless mesh filter? ebay?

And where can i buy the yamaha tools (such as:cap botl ring wrench,cap bolt wrench,rotor puller and so on)for replacing the fork oil and other rebuilding?

thanks a lot!

I'm not sure what's available to you in northern Europe, but Scotts filters can be bought directly from Scotts online.

As far as tools go, most motorcycle shops and online retailers offer specialty tools at much lower prices than Yamaha itself does. The flywheel rotor puller for '06 and later models is the same as used on the Honda CRF450, so it should be readily available.

I'm not sure what's available to you in northern Europe, but Scotts filters can be bought directly from Scotts online.

As far as tools go, most motorcycle shops and online retailers offer specialty tools at much lower prices than Yamaha itself does. The flywheel rotor puller for '06 and later models is the same as used on the Honda CRF450, so it should be readily available.

Thanks very much.

I will go to search the tools on such online motorcycle shops.

I have also decided to bought the oil filters from Scotts online,a good website for us.