HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old_604

426 mileage on stock tank?

4 posts in this topic

Just curious if anyone has an idea. I've never had the chance to really pay attention to it and going for a bigger loop on Monday and wanted to know if I should carry more gas.

Stock tank.

I'm not a revv'r to the moon kind of rider. :bonk:

Terrain is about 50/50 singletrack/fireroad.

Loop is just shy of 50miles.

Bring extra gas or not.....that is the question....:bonk:

BTW: My KTM randomly stopped working last week while ripping up a long hill and have yet to figure out the cause. Been tinkering all week to no avail.

So I decide last night to get the ol Yami ready for action.

Uh oh....8month + old gas....frick....didn't drain the carb before parking her either.

Four kicks with the decompression lever pulled, bring kicker up, pull decomp lever, push ever so slightly, bring kicker back up (oh hell this aint gonna work, but I'll try anyway) full swift kick and BRAAAAAPPPAPAPPAAPPA....the damn thing fired right up!:bonk::bonk:how in the hell.....this is the bike I don't spend any love on, and she keeps coming back for more. Ding dang Yami just keeps chugging right along. Sweet! :banana:Now I get to ride:ride: on Monday instead of looking at the broken pumkin!:bonk:

Without knowing how much you weigh, if you're a smooth rider or how hilly/sandy/muddy it is, I would be ready to take it easy the entire 49 miles.

If it's convenient, pack along a quart or two. Dump it in halfway and get the little bit of mass off your back. Walking in boots sucks! :bonk: