Test Ride: 2010 YZ450

"The motor bike is built in a durable way and a minimum of plastic was used in order to longer make it possible the motor bike to have the air new."

Can you translate what that was trying to say? Thats the only part of the article I couldn't decipher. :bonk:

Is it saying that the bike was built durably with minimal plastic to give the motor more fresh air?

Hey im a woods rider. I do a lot of hill climbing. Some smooth gaslines some rough long steep rutted ones. Every yamaha ive ever ridden in the woods was very bad about stalling. Did you try to see if the bike was bad about stallin at low rpms when you crack the throttle.

My 07 stalled a little more than was reasonable so i put a 9 oz flywheel weight on it. Problem solved. Also stay on the clutch if you have too keep it from stalling. Nothings worse than tryin to start a hot bike in the middle of a race:foul:

Salut les gars,

I read the french review and I can't reconciliate 2 of your statements :

''La moto est tres maniable-rappelant une 2F d'une part , et dans la liste des moins , le poids est élevé''

Can you reconcile these 2 statements ?

Would you know the weigth all fluids in, tank full ?

Have you tested elsewhere than Deschambault which is a sand track ?

lachez-pas , Nicolas

"The motor bike is built in a durable way and a minimum of plastic was used in order to longer make it possible the motor bike to have the air new."

Can you translate what that was trying to say? Thats the only part of the article I couldn't decipher. :bonk:

Is it saying that the bike was built durably with minimal plastic to give the motor more fresh air?

I meant that there is not a lot of plastic on the sides of the bike, so it looks new for longer.

Salut les gars,

I read the french review and I can't reconciliate 2 of your statements :

''La moto est tres maniable-rappelant une 2F d'une part , et dans la liste des moins , le poids est élevé''

Can you reconcile these 2 statements ?

Would you know the weigth all fluids in, tank full ?

Have you tested elsewhere than Deschambault which is a sand track ?

lachez-pas , Nicolas

The bike is easy to handle and feels lighter than other 450s on the track because of the way the weight is not spread out as much, but it is heavier, as you can feel it when putting it on the stand after a moto. We didn't put it on a scale though.

We also rode it on the Montreal SX track (Olympic stadium, the day before the race) and in Vallée-Jonction (hard pack clay with the occasional rock). We were going to ride it in St-Apo but it rained until it was time to give it back:rant:

I hope the 2010 YZ450F is a bike that can set new standards for design and performance. Maybe Yamaha will even go a little further and add e-start along with a WR450R (dual -sport). If the location of the pipe and airbox works; what a relief from the awful looking, leg burning, protruding header pipe. Not to mention the heat absorbed by the radiator hoses and radiator. The air filter should be easier to service. I'm too old for a 450 (47) unless it can be programmed for old and slow and too poor for a new motocross only version, but this bike has definitely caught my attention. Ooh-Rah for Yamaha**

I never found the traditional routing of exhaust pipes to be "awful looking".

I'm too old for a 450 (47)

You have to be kidding :bonk:

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" ~Satchel Paige

the traditional setup is lame and the new Honda looks like the biggest lamest 12th hour engineering afterthought ever! Cannondale may have had the initial intake fwd exh rear design, but yamaha completed and improved the while concept with some simple but ingenious ideas; the larger easy access filter, tilted cyl, and wound up lengthened exhaust.

the traditional setup is lame and the new Honda looks like the biggest lamest 12th hour engineering afterthought ever! Cannondale may have had the initial intake fwd exh rear design, but yamaha completed and improved the while concept with some simple but ingenious ideas; the larger easy access filter, tilted cyl, and wound up lengthened exhaust.

In real life the Cannondale set-up was awful. At one time there were a lot of the cannondale bikes located in our local dealers. They almost had it right, but used two way too small airfilters instead of one like Yamaha has. I can see why people compare the two, but the two bikes are not as similar as things woudl appear.

I meant that there is not a lot of plastic on the sides of the bike, so it looks new for longer.

Good point.

Pic by "The Rock" yesterday at REM: http://www.rocksracingservices.com/

2010number6.jpg

2010number45.jpg