Quiet pipe suggestions for 08 yz450f

just save your $$ and get what you want. if i did it agian i would get the fmf q4 ti. Just my 2cents.

I recently bought a take-off 2008 WR450 exhaust to get me through a couple races that require a USFS approved spark arrestor and have a 96db limit while I decide what I really want.

I have put enough time on the bike with the WR exhaust to make a hopefully descent evaluation.

Upon start-up, the bike was much quieter, as expected. Sound wise, to me anyway, the exhaust emitted a quieter, less offending tone throughout the RPM range, while not sounding too choked up.

Surprisingly, the bottom half of the usable RPM range, the WR exhaust felt smoother, picked up cleaner, and overall felt stronger than the stock exhaust, much like the effect and feel of the GYTR flywheel I put on a few months ago, only amplified. In the upper half of the RPM range, the engine seemed to rev out quicker. There was also a noticeable loss in top end pull over the stock exhaust.

The WR exhaust I am using is completely stock at the moment and all of the inserts are still in place. I may experiment with pulling out the smallest insert ( riveted into the larger insert).

Overall, I am satisfied with this exhaust. It has all of the traits I was looking for (USFS spark arrestor and under 96db), and was also very inexpensive compared to an aftermarket exhaust. Call me crazy ( I know the WR guys most likely will), but overall I'm happy with the exhaust for now and the changes it made:p

I recently bought a take-off 2008 WR450 exhaust to get me through a couple races that require a USFS approved spark arrestor and have a 96db limit while I decide what I really want.

Call me crazy ( I know the WR guys most likely will), but overall I'm happy with the exhaust for now and the changes it made:p

which header are you using, the WR or the YZ header. I've always wondered if the WR silencer would fit the yz header if you use the YZ gasket.

which header are you using, the WR or the YZ header. I've always wondered if the WR silencer would fit the yz header if you use the YZ gasket.

I'm using the WR header right now because I heard that was the only way it will work. I will give the YZ header a try tomorrow and let you know if it fits.

I'm using the WR header right now because I heard that was the only way it will work. I will give the YZ header a try tomorrow and let you know if it fits.

did it fit? :moon:

Go with Lexx. Don't let the price fool you. Its more of an exhaust than the fmf and much stronger than my old gytr carbon fiber.

did it fit? :moon:

Sorry it took so long to reply. I wasn't able to get the stock gasket out of the YZ muffler without fear of destroying it, but it does seem like the YZ header would work on the WR muffler with the YZ gasket. The flange of both the YZ and WR exhaust is the exact same:

007-2.jpg

If I had a spare YZ gasket I would be able to confirm that the YZ header fits in the WR muffler, but I don't at the moment. But, the chances of it working look positive if that's worth anything:smirk: