HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boarder82

New WR426 Owner. Question...

5 posts in this topic

I recently bought a 2001 wr426f. After a few short rides, I noticed that coolant was leaking through a hose that ran down through the swing arm near the rear shock. Is this an overflow of some sort? I don't think that the bike was running hot, because it would leak out after short rides. Is this normal. Please help me out as I am new to the dirt biking world. Thanks in advance.

Is the coolant reservoir under the rear fender on the left Full of coolant? Is the reservoir intact?

Yes, the coolant resevoir is full and it is intact. However, I did notice very small drip coming from near the resevoir cap running down the resevoir.

If there was enough coolant for it to expand up to the cap then it is too full. Lower it to the full mark or even lower with the engine COLD.

Is the coolant reservoir under the rear fender on the left Full of coolant? Is the reservoir intact?

Hi!!

i´m new whit my WR450F, i was riding thru the hill, and suddenly my bike was boiling coolant and leaking "coolant steam" thru black hose,

minutes later there was no coolant in the catch boottle but there was in the radiator....

also, when the engine is to hot, i listen how the coolant boilt into the engine.. what should i do????

what is the problemm????

my bike is 30 hours(New!!), i have changed the oil filter and oil...