HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
okie426

MXA 426 Clutch Problem Article

5 posts in this topic

After reading an article in Motocross Action magazine concerning 50 bad clutch baskets that made it into the 2000 426s, I checked with my dealer to see if mine was one of those 50. I pulled my clutch and it looks like what the article explained. He didn't know anything about it and said he would check on it.

Does anyone have any info further than the MXA article, like affected motor serial numbers or an official Yamaha notice?

I appreciate any help.

My clutch was acting up. The release was totally inconsistent, and it was easy to stall because the clutch would dump all at once. My Yamaha dealer just ordered one for me today. It comes with new springs too. My vin number fell into the range of affected units. They warrantied the parts, but no labor, but I'm not complaining. You should have them run your serial number with a Yamaha warranty tech to see if you are a candidate for the new basket.

If your dealer will cover the parts, but not the labor, do the work yourself. If you haven't done it before, IT IS wicked simple. Just be sure you soak your friction plates in oil prioe to assembly if those are new as well.

------------------

99 WR, all YZ mods, de-octopused, OEM YZ tank and seat, jetting by Clark, got forked by Pro Action.

AMA, NETRA

For clarification: WE'LL be having a KICK ASS time in Moab!! Right Mitch?!!

Originally posted by 494:

My clutch was acting up. The release was totally inconsistent, and it was easy to stall because the clutch would dump all at once. My Yamaha dealer just ordered one for me today. It comes with new springs too. My vin number fell into the range of affected units. They warrantied the parts, but no labor, but I'm not complaining. You should have them run your serial number with a Yamaha warranty tech to see if you are a candidate for the new basket.

What month was the MXA article in & does any one know the Specifics from Yamaha? VIN # or bulletin/warranty notice. Yamaha used to send out the details on Factory set up/ tips to YZ owners.