Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jbird710

Honda
'06 TRX 450 idle problems

9 posts in this topic

I have a friend who has a '06 TRX 450 and he says he can't get it to idle properly. The quad is completely stock and keep in mind he's not mechanically inclined. From his description, it almost sounds like the bike is too lean as he says it will idle fine with the choke on. Sounds to me like either the pilot circuit is clogged or it needs the next size jet. I haven't worked on one of these so I was hoping to get some info from someone who has.

1.) Has anyone esle had a problem with the stock configuration being too lean or idle issues? This quad is completely stock.

2.) Does anyone know what the stock size pilot and main jets are?

Thanks in advance for any help.

i have 2 friends with them that have similar problems.

seems to be a common problem with them.

my one friend has an 04, and the cam broke in his. wasnt getting oil to the top of the motor. ****ed the cam up. flat spots on it. and also ****ed the rocker up. the needle bearing was ovaled. he bought an HRC kit and a new rocker assembly. and rode it a while. now it wont stay running.

my other friend has an 06 wiht idle issues and its stock.

i had a similiar problem with my 06 trx 450r it sat about a month and i started it once the whole time. changed the gas and it would only idle with the choke on . someone said to clean the pilot jet and it worked perfectly hope that helps

i had a similiar problem with my 06 trx 450r it sat about a month and i started it once the whole time. changed the gas and it would only idle with the choke on . someone said to clean the pilot jet and it worked perfectly hope that helps

This is what I'm expecting more than anything. The quad doesn't get used much and, knowing him, he's probably running the cheapest gas he can find in it. Thanks.

try to richen the fuel screw a little maybe an eighth of a turn an see what that does. honda has to ship the quads lean from the fatory in order to pass all the stupid emission laws that the us and ca have put in place. one size up ont the pilot might help too

try to richen the fuel screw a little maybe an eighth of a turn an see what that does. honda has to ship the quads lean from the fatory in order to pass all the stupid emission laws that the us and ca have put in place. one size up ont the pilot might help too

You would happen to know what the stock pilot size is would you?

Thanks

I have a friend who has a '06 TRX 450 and he says he can't get it to idle properly.

Thanks in advance for any help.

First off, admit that its YOU that has the quad.

Its the first step to a solution.

:bonk:

Probably the best advice here.

The stock pilot is probably a 42.

First off, admit that its YOU that has the quad.

Its the first step to a solution.

:bonk:

Actually, no, it does belong to a friend and, even though I prefer two wheels, I'm not a quad hater/basher. I'm trying to get him out riding more and he always comes up with excuses; this one is something I can do something about.:bonk: