2009 Price

Hey I am trying to buy a new 09 YZF 450...

I keep getting jerked around by the dealers here. They act like I dont know the 2010 is out... and it seems like they are like "what is the best price you have been quoted?" attitude. Almost like they are all in it together...

Really frustrating!

What is the best OTD price I should be paying around on a 09 YZF450 from a dealer right now?

Does it help if I buy it more towards Christmas time when they are dying to sell?

Thanks

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4500-5k......tell em 2010 is here and take control, do not be submissive.....give em a # ( even if its not legit)and see what they say.......walk away if you have too, most of the time they will call back......its a game so play ........they are hurting and the 2010 is out....... in april walked out w/09 kx450f for 6k...............most of em are the biggest liars so dont feel bad

I went through the same thing trying to get my 07 RM250 last year. Everyone wanted MSRP plus fees. Ended up buying the bike on ebay and getting it shipped to me for WAY less than buying it locally. So you can check eBay for dealers unloading bikes to make room for new stuff.

What was your shipping price/experience like?

What was your shipping price/experience like?

Awesome experience. Before I bid I asked him about shipping and he said it normally cost them about $300 to ship an assembled bike which was less than I was expecting. He told me that he would charge me $300 for the shipping and if it cost more than that he would pay the difference. So he just added $300 to my bid. After I paid him, it took about 4-5 days to arrive at the shipping yard. I was expecting it to have the usual scratches from people sitting on it in the dealer plus things from shipment. No scratches at all! I was pretty pumped.

He shipped it with Old Dominion

I found the easiest way to do it is shop around by internet and phone and get your best price. Include any fees that are included in your best price such as shipping if necessary or set-up. Once your ready to buy, go to the local dealer and tell him the price you'll pay. If he agrees, you got your deal. If not walk out and buy the online bike. I've done this twice.( to be fair I added the shipping costs to the price) One time the dealer agreed, the other time I bought the internet deal. Either way you get your bike at a good price.

Where in Utah are you, you have to be realistic about pricing. I'm in southern Utah and picked up the 09 LTD for 6500 out the door in April of this year. I talked with 3 different dealers and made them fight for my business for about a week before I settled. Let them fight over you, they can always go lower than what they say.

Where in Utah are you, you have to be realistic about pricing. I'm in southern Utah and picked up the 09 LTD for 6500 out the door in April of this year. I talked with 3 different dealers and made them fight for my business for about a week before I settled. Let them fight over you, they can always go lower than what they say.

In Orem... I got South Valley Motorsports quoting me $5900 OTD... And Escape $6300... I dont think these prices are realistic, when shops out in Minnesota are quoting $5000 OTD! Why arent the UT shops dropping their prices? Its like they are cocky by saying... we wont have them long.... give me a break!