HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seabass152

air filters

7 posts in this topic

Will a YZF filter work in a 06 WR450? I know the part numbers are different but I want to use disposable filters but few that make them do not spec a WR unit.

The air filters are different between a YZ-450F and a WR-450F.

Ready Racing does make one for the WR-450F, though.

Their part number is 14101.

I've been using the Ready Racing filters in my Suzuki DR-Z400SM all year and also tried one in my Yamaha WR-250R.

They're good quality, although I don't clean and reuse them - I just toss them out and put in a new one. :bonk:

Im curious about this because Ive ordered 4 twin air filters from 3 different shops and they all end up giving me Yz450f filters. I have questioned the parts guys why the Wr450f is not listed on the package and all have said its the same filter. I looked up on Dennis Kirk and they list different part#'s for the Yzf/Wr models. The Yz450f filters seem to fit pretty well. Anyone care to comment any concerns with this?

Thanks YZ for the info, I missed that part number and Ready never answers the phone. I spoke with Ron from Maxima and they have a WR disposable filter coming out in a few weeks as well.

Thanks YZ for the info, I missed that part number and Ready never answers the phone. I spoke with Ron from Maxima and they have a WR disposable filter coming out in a few weeks as well.

Was that the one and only Ron Lechein?