air filters

Will a YZF filter work in a 06 WR450? I know the part numbers are different but I want to use disposable filters but few that make them do not spec a WR unit.

The air filters are different between a YZ-450F and a WR-450F.

Ready Racing does make one for the WR-450F, though.

Their part number is 14101.

I've been using the Ready Racing filters in my Suzuki DR-Z400SM all year and also tried one in my Yamaha WR-250R.

They're good quality, although I don't clean and reuse them - I just toss them out and put in a new one. :bonk:

Im curious about this because Ive ordered 4 twin air filters from 3 different shops and they all end up giving me Yz450f filters. I have questioned the parts guys why the Wr450f is not listed on the package and all have said its the same filter. I looked up on Dennis Kirk and they list different part#'s for the Yzf/Wr models. The Yz450f filters seem to fit pretty well. Anyone care to comment any concerns with this?

Thanks YZ for the info, I missed that part number and Ready never answers the phone. I spoke with Ron from Maxima and they have a WR disposable filter coming out in a few weeks as well.

Ready Racing uses Maxima Oil. I guess or bet the filters will be one and the same. :bonk:

The Maxima filter will actually be 2mm thicker in body and gasket than the current Ready Racing model with a stronger glue for a couple of repeated uses according to the owner.

Thanks YZ for the info, I missed that part number and Ready never answers the phone. I spoke with Ron from Maxima and they have a WR disposable filter coming out in a few weeks as well.

Was that the one and only Ron Lechein?