JS's works shock

I totally agree!

I do not expect the stock 2010 to have anything remotely similar to JS's KYB front or rear suspenders. It may look similar but it won't be....look at Ti rear spring,(what it should have come with IMHO instead of the cheap steel spring) I assume the front springs are also probably Ti internals are all works KYB..., the front fork coating and the top caps with what looks like allenhead comp adj nuts......about as trick as it comes

My supplier makes and sells ti fork springs...but will rarely sell to "public". I asked why...and it turns out the rubbing that occurs inside the forks wears out the ti springs in a very short time warranting frequent replacement.

They told me 10 hours was pushing it! One customer is very wealthy...and can afford it...but when I told him that...he said hell no from a pain in his rear standpoint of swapping them out all the time!

Just a little something I learned...figured I pass it on. I wonder just how long his team has had the bike to work on it!

I asked why...and it turns out the rubbing that occurs inside the forks wears out the ti springs in a very short time warranting frequent replacement.
The thought of a significant amount of ground titanium floating around inside the fork is a bit unpleasant, too, no?
I wonder just how long his team has had the bike to work on it!
Based on things JS has said, I think they've had it between 6 months to a year so far.

The thought of a significant amount of ground titanium floating around inside the fork is a bit unpleasant, too, no?

certainly not!

Good thing factories can service it often!

Interesting question...and I don't really care either way for answer...but it may also be why the twin chamber is still in use with (mostly) separate oils for primary valving....

Based on things JS has said, I think they've had it between 6 months to a year so far.

Let's hope he has it more dialed than last year to start the season!

I think James said that the first time he got to ride it was back in May after the Vegas sx and then he got a bike to ride at his house about 6 weeks ago. He talked about it in one of the interviews and he said that they were ahead of last year from the start because the new bike is so much better. I'd have to check the interview to know exactly how long they have been testing.