HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James_Dean

YZ426 Jetting

4 posts in this topic

What jetting setup works best in the YZ426? It has changed alot from the YZ400. Can it be improved? Bigger main or richer clip position...

- I'm used to KX500's and am Power Hungry!!...

- Pilot, pilot screw, needle OBE--, clip, main

- Post here or in the Jetting Section on the forum.

Thanks

James Dean

I have a 2000 YZF426.Regardless of altitude when i rip on the gas,my bike sputters a little bit, but low and mid range are great.does anyone else have this problem or know the fix?

Originally posted by James Dean:

What jetting setup works best in the YZ426? It has changed alot from the YZ400. Can it be improved? Bigger main or richer clip position...

- I'm used to KX500's and am Power Hungry!!...

- Pilot, pilot screw, needle OBE--, clip, main

- Post here or in the Jetting Section on the forum.

Thanks

James Dean

I also have a YZ 426, and am running an aftermarket pipe ( FMF ). I am 1 step richer on both the main and pilot. I have played w/ the fuel screw from 1 1/2 to 3 turns out. When you rollthe throtle on it runs great, but if you rip the throtle from very low rpm, I get the stumble at at times it will evn kill it. This only happens with rpm's near idle. I am still experimenting with this last little glitch. I am riding in So Ca so the tracks are basically sea level

I just turned up the idle a bit more that way my 426 isn't quite so easy to stall when bogging through a tight situation. The higher idle gives the gear a little more power and keeps it running and also doesn't bog as much cuz the rpm's are already up a bit more. Just my oppion.. but works good for me.

Jody, Ontario, Canada