YZ426 Jetting

What jetting setup works best in the YZ426? It has changed alot from the YZ400. Can it be improved? Bigger main or richer clip position...

- I'm used to KX500's and am Power Hungry!!...

- Pilot, pilot screw, needle OBE--, clip, main

- Post here or in the Jetting Section on the forum.

Thanks

James Dean

I have a 2000 YZF426.Regardless of altitude when i rip on the gas,my bike sputters a little bit, but low and mid range are great.does anyone else have this problem or know the fix?

Originally posted by James Dean:

What jetting setup works best in the YZ426? It has changed alot from the YZ400. Can it be improved? Bigger main or richer clip position...

- I'm used to KX500's and am Power Hungry!!...

- Pilot, pilot screw, needle OBE--, clip, main

- Post here or in the Jetting Section on the forum.

Thanks

James Dean

I also have a YZ 426, and am running an aftermarket pipe ( FMF). I am 1 step richer on both the main and pilot. I have played w/ the fuel screw from 1 1/2 to 3 turns out. When you rollthe throtle on it runs great, but if you rip the throtle from very low rpm, I get the stumble at at times it will evn kill it. This only happens with rpm's near idle. I am still experimenting with this last little glitch. I am riding in So Ca so the tracks are basically sea level

I just turned up the idle a bit more that way my 426 isn't quite so easy to stall when bogging through a tight situation. The higher idle gives the gear a little more power and keeps it running and also doesn't bog as much cuz the rpm's are already up a bit more. Just my oppion.. but works good for me.

Jody, Ontario, Canada