HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Paul

How to install scott oil filter

3 posts in this topic

I have an 01 wr 426, i ordered the scott oil filter for it. when changing oil filters i noticed that the scott filter does not have the holes to seat on the rubber nipples that the stock one uses. what should i do?

the scott wont seat with these here.

thanx,

Paul

Hey Paul I have installed the SCOTTS OIL FILTER on my 01 WR426 You do not need the blue rubber, I called SCOTTS and they said that its only used for a spacer on the stock unit. Hope that helps. Any questions just call SCOOTS their very helpful. Raid Safe and Ride Often

Does your Scott's filter have a rather wide black rubber gasket("O" ring) that fits on the cover-end of the filter? I use a touch of assembly lube grease to hold it in place when I slip the cover on...plus....I have the bike leaned way over to the left to help keep the filter in place as I replace the cover. I put a large eye-bolt in my garage celing joist and then hook a tie-down from there to my handlebar crossbeam. This also keeps excess oil from running down the engine case when I remove the filter cover. Works for me.