*Spoiler* US Open Results, Discussion *Spoiler*

Yea, I was at that practice session. That was something he was working up to the whole session. I saw him pull off several times to have his mechanic crank in more compression on his forks and shock.

Overall, he and the bike looked very good. Not like "oh my god" fast, just a bit faster everywhere than anyone else. On a short track like that it adds up fast. He didn't try the triple - triple again (on Friday night), but he didn't need to.

Of course, he didn't really have too many other riders to worry about. RV was just getting his feet wet again, Burner wasn't doing much and while Mudflaps (Millsap) was going pretty good he wasn't a threat. I think the best racing was in the 85cc class!

Villopoto? Quite possibly. Reed? Not more than once in the season.

Did you watch last year? Reed is not the same racer he was in 08 and prior years. I think he will be just as close if not closer to JS this year.

BTW Villopoto will be the one to dethrone JS for good it may take a few years as it did for RC to MC but it will happen. JS is too caught up in the glam lifestyle and havinig his own reality show:bonk:

I got a good feeling Dungey may be a strong contender.:bonk: Reed is going to have to hang it out, and I don't think he feels comfortable doing so...

I was told thats why he raced the Nat's this year is to learn to hang it out a little more than he is used to. We will see as a fan of the sport I hope he can hang it out more and make the season interesting. Dungey is suppose to be a lot better on a 450 than a 250 it suits his style better and he is kinda on the taller side, for racers at least.

Did you watch last year?
Yes I did. And yes, I'm afraid he is.

Stewart was never comfortable with the YZF, IMO. Face it, the basic bike was not built for SX, and he never developed the confidence in it that he had in his previous bikes. If you look at the difference between Reed on the YZF and on the Suzuki, you can see the same thing.

But even last year, when Stewart had the pressure on Reed couldn't maintain the pace. When Bubba breaks out his A game, Chad can't match it for very long. With the new bike, it should be easier for JS to bring it.

• 2 weeks later...