Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilbz

YZ or WR

7 posts in this topic

Hi there, Ive been offered a really cheap bike, but am unsure of what model it is. I think its a YZ but have been told its a WR. I have got the first few digits of the VIN they are: JYACJO1C61A###### ... Can any one help please??

mate, u either buy it or u dont. if its cheap its probs got huge problems. check if it has electrics. chances are if it does have electrics its a wr. if not. an old yz

Hi there, Ive been offered a really cheap bike, but am unsure of what model it is. I think its a YZ but have been told its a WR. I have got the first few digits of the VIN they are: JYACJO1C61A###### ... Can any one help please??

Strike #1 is buying a "cheap" bike you know absolutely nothing about.

Strike #2 is buying a bike from a seller who knows absolutely nothing about the bike becuase it's STOLEN....

Na it doesn't have a head light.. Thats why I'm guessing its a YZ... and no it's not stolen, i'ts currently got rec rego on it in the fellas name. He has had it for 5 years and it absolutely fangs. He wants out of the riding scene for some reason and was never a hard core bike rider to start with. So basically, a 2002 bike in bloody good cosmetic condition with no rattles or bangs engine wise for $1900 sounds pretty good to me..

So basically, a 2002 bike in bloody good cosmetic condition with no rattles or bangs engine wise for $1900 sounds pretty good to me..
According to the VIN, it's an '01 (tenth character).

Check behing the number plate and see if there is a elec. plug/ socket for the headlight, also check the rear wheel : 18" most likely WR, 19" most likely YZ I say most likely because you can obviously change these. Check on the right side of the front axle, does it have a spacer or a black plastic thing where the odometer screwed into? Does it have a kickstand? or even a mount where the stand used to be behind the left footpeg? How about a coolent catch tank behind the left side panel? These are all easy things that seperate the two bikes.