Oil usage, oil filter changing, spare wheel assemblies, etc.

I have a few questions for the group:

1. What is the normal oil usage for a moderate 4 hours of riding?

2. Is there a way to change the oil filter without removing the headpipe at the cylinder?

3. Where can I get a long allen wrench to fit the allen head bolt on the headpipe at the cylinder (Sears?)?

4. I might have a spare set of original 1998 YZ400 full up front and rear wheel assemblies with decent tires on them, sprocket, rotors, the whole shooting match for quick swaps. It depends on if I buy a new set of Talon/Excels from a guy I know. Is there any interest out there and what would you be willing to offer. I don't have a price in mind so let me know what they would be worth to you. I would like to sell them as a set.

Thanks,

Paul in AZ

1. What is the normal oil usage for a moderate 4 hours of riding?

2. Is there a way to change the oil filter without removing the headpipe at the cylinder?

1: Oil usage should be so little that you can't even measure it!

2: Slacken off the header bold (1 at head & 1 on pipe).

This should make it loose enough that you can turn it up enough to access the filter.

Shouldn't need to undo the allen bolt at the head..- I don't have to! ?

------------------

--

**Ride it like you Stole it!**

Matt Porritt

99 YZ400F

Rubber Chicken Racing

Sears makes excellent allen wrenches that have a "ball" on the long end which allows access to allen bolts at a slight angle.

You have to go to an aftermarket exhaust if you don't like moving the exh. pipe.

Phil

'00 YZ426

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try loosening the two bolts mentioned and see if I can move the pipe enough to change the oil filer. I will also checkout the allen wrenches at Sears.

Chris, you'll get first shot at the wheels if I decide to sell, should know later this week. Let me know what they are worth to you. The tires are OK, nothing great.

Paul in AZ

480-891-8442 weekdays

I agree, oil usage should be unmeasurable, as far as the head pipe I turned mine just enough to get the top bolt out on my filter housing and tightened everything back up, I have no exaust leaks and oil changes are alot easier.

Norman Kissam

00' YZ426