HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bluerider36

Exhaust and jetting 2003 WR 450

3 posts in this topic

I have a 2003 WR 450 I took the guts out of the stock pipe and put on pro moto billet end cap when I took the carb off to look at the main jet size it had a 170 main and 48 pilot with this set up it had a big flat spot about mid throttle and I was more than 3 turns out on fuel mixture and could'nt tune out the flat spot, I went with a 155 main and left the 48 pilot seemed to help quite a bit sounds much better and response is crisp. does this sound about right? anyone know?

First....go here:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=411240

Second, I'd say a 170 main would be to much, yes, but a 155 sounds pretty small. I would try a 160, then a 165 and see which is best. You also have to consider your needle and what clip the needle is in. It all works together....

As a example, I have a 04, with hot cams , all free mods, and FMF , in eastern Canada at sea level, and I am running a 170 main, so I would have to think a 170 is to rich for your location, and bike

But your best bet is to go to that thread which is the WR jetting database as step #1