HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
q1445

426 Steering Stabilizer

8 posts in this topic

Looking for a used stabilizer set up that fits a 02 426. If you have one laying around or know someone who's got one let me know. Cant fork out $600 for a new set up but can spend a couple hundred.

I have a GPR on my 426. Finding a stabilizer used for the 426 will be difficult. I'd suggest finding one used and then buying the mounting kit for your bike new.

Go with the Scott’s with sub mount. Unless things have changed Scott’s is the ONLY one that only dampens away from center. You won’t regret it!

I got my GPR stabilizer used. Then I bought the sub mount kit for $150 direct from GPR. My bike had a billet top clamp on it (I don't know what brand), but the guys at GPR said if I mailed it to them they would either find a mount kit that fit it or they would plug and re-drill the holes to fit. When I got it back, instead of re-drilling the holes they sent me a brand new top clamp for no extra charge :bonk: The new clamp is a D1H. The mounting holes measure 1.565" x 3.930" center to center.

Go with the Scott’s with sub mount. Unless things have changed Scott’s is the ONLY one the only dampens away from center. You won’t regret it!

You've got a typo in there, can you clarify that statement?

You've got a typo in there, can you clarify that statement?

Sorry...

Unless things have changed Scott’s is the ONLY one that only dampens away from center.

Go with the Scott’s with sub mount. Unless things have changed Scott’s is the ONLY one that only dampens away from center. You won’t regret it!

Maybe you could dig up my old post on doing a scotts sub mount with the stock tripple clamps.

I still run it!

Eric