JS's bike for the US Open

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any thoughts on the slots in the rad shroud/air intakes?

More air. Just like he had last year with the "traditional" air box with that huge cutout/mesh.

I have to say, if/when I get a Yamaha, it will have an Akropovic exhaust. They're beauties and from what I saw in a RacerX article, a first-class company that was hand-picked by Yamaha.

More air. Just like he had last year with the "traditional" air box with that huge cutout/mesh.

I have to say, if/when I get a Yamaha, it will have an Akropovic exhaust. They're beauties and from what I saw in a RacerX article, a first-class company that was hand-picked by Yamaha.

much agreed.. only wish i had 1200 bucks to drop on an exhaust tho..

Any thoughts on the slots in the rad shroud/air intakes?
Since either side of the unmodified stock air inlets is more than twice the size of the throttle bore, I don't see the need or the benefit, but as long as they don't become a path for mud/water/sand to get directly at the filter, they won't hurt anything, either.

Since either side of the unmodified stock air inlets is more than twice the size of the throttle bore, I don't see the need or the benefit, but as long as they don't become a path for mud/water/sand to get directly at the filter, they won't hurt anything, either.

I did not see the need for extra air either gray.

I wonder if the 2 tiny parachutes on either side needed a little venting to help when airborne.

I agree the GYTR (aka Dubach) muffler is just that. I give Yami props for doing things the way they did with their aftermarket stuff.

Doesn't Dubach have another separate 2010 exhaust that he is releasing soon?

It seems to me that Dubach works more closely with Yamaha.

True, since Dubach is their cheif test rider (from what I understand). That does raise the question, but I wouldn't know the specifics of their choice.

As for the air intake, I highly doubt the modification of the factory team means ANYTHING about the performance of the bike in stock condition. Can't wait for the official tests and ride reports....