Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DPW

JS's bike for the US Open

41 posts in this topic

Yep Bridgestone did a press release a few months ago that after the 2009 MX season they were pulling there racing program. I wonder who is going to fill the void Dunlop can't provide all the teams.

I wonder who is going to fill the void Dunlop can't provide all the teams.
Why do you think that? I don't see Dunlop having the least difficulty handling that.

I dunno monopoly? I wasn't saying literally they couldn't handle it, it just might be spendy for them. IDK. I am sure Michelin will be on a team or two and maybe Pirelli. I guess to me it will be interesting to see if another brand steps up since Bridgestone is gone.

We will see at the US Open I guess.

I dunno monopoly? I wasn't saying literally they couldn't handle it, it just might be spendy for them.
You might have something there. Budget constraints could leave some teams actually buying tires. Maybe they'll be given deep discounts on stuff we can't get.

Who knows it is definately going to be an interesting season. Who woulda thought that a Pro MX/SX team would go without a tire sponsor.

Any thoughts on the slots in the rad shroud/air intakes?

More air. Just like he had last year with the "traditional" air box with that huge cutout/mesh.

I have to say, if/when I get a Yamaha , it will have an Akropovic exhaust. They're beauties and from what I saw in a RacerX article, a first-class company that was hand-picked by Yamaha.

More air. Just like he had last year with the "traditional" air box with that huge cutout/mesh.

I have to say, if/when I get a Yamaha , it will have an Akropovic exhaust. They're beauties and from what I saw in a RacerX article, a first-class company that was hand-picked by Yamaha.

much agreed.. only wish i had 1200 bucks to drop on an exhaust tho..

Any thoughts on the slots in the rad shroud/air intakes?
Since either side of the unmodified stock air inlets is more than twice the size of the throttle bore, I don't see the need or the benefit, but as long as they don't become a path for mud/water/sand to get directly at the filter, they won't hurt anything, either.

It seems to me that Dubach works more closely with Yamaha.

I agree the GYTR (aka Dubach) muffler is just that. I give Yami props for doing things the way they did with their aftermarket stuff.

Since either side of the unmodified stock air inlets is more than twice the size of the throttle bore, I don't see the need or the benefit, but as long as they don't become a path for mud/water/sand to get directly at the filter, they won't hurt anything, either.

I did not see the need for extra air either gray.

I wonder if the 2 tiny parachutes on either side needed a little venting to help when airborne.

I agree the GYTR (aka Dubach) muffler is just that. I give Yami props for doing things the way they did with their aftermarket stuff.

Doesn't Dubach have another separate 2010 exhaust that he is releasing soon?

True, since Dubach is their cheif test rider (from what I understand). That does raise the question, but I wouldn't know the specifics of their choice.

As for the air intake, I highly doubt the modification of the factory team means ANYTHING about the performance of the bike in stock condition. Can't wait for the official tests and ride reports....