2000 426yzf about to go on sale, what do you think should be the asking price?

In California, bone stock, garaged, super low hours, starts right up, runs perfect, looks perfect....Not trying to convince anybody but it's as close to right off the showroom floor as possible. What would you ask for it? What's it worth?

In California, bone stock, garaged, super low hours, starts right up, runs perfect, looks perfect....Not trying to convince anybody but it's as close to right off the showroom floor as possible. What would you ask for it? What's it worth?

we would have to see pictures to really tell, but if it is as clean as you say, you could probably only get $2,000 for it. Maybe $2500 if you got lucky. Now adays I havent seen any 426's sell for any price over $2000.

we would have to see pictures to really tell, but if it is as clean as you say, you could probably only get $2,000 for it. Maybe $2500 if you got lucky. Now adays I havent seen any 426's sell for any price over $2000.

There are 06's and 07's going for $2500...

I'm sure it's a real nice bike, and I'm a big fan of the 00 426 (still miss mine). I'd probably ask the $2k for it and hope that someone that can really appreciate the bike for what it is comes along.

Id bet around 1000-1500 bucks. Considering my 07 450 is probably worth about 2500-3000 here in ca.

also....assuming your '07 is a yzf, its a red sticker bike. green sticker yzf are a dying breed in CA.

Holy Cow! Your bikes are cheap down there! Up here in Manitoba people still want 3 grand for an 02 or 03 four to five for anything newer! Wish you guys would let me in, I would come down and buy a bunch.:bonk:

Id bet around 1000-1500 bucks.

about right...

i got my 2000 yz426 June of 08, mostly stock, but with a decompression cam, and some asv levers for $1400...and it came with a stand, a ramp, 2 5 gal gas cans that i kept, plus an extra seat with cover and fat bars, and front and rear shock springs for a heavier rider that i sold for $200...not to mention him putting the sale price on the pink slip as $250 so i didn't have to pay as much tax when i registered it...

at the time i was looking, all the yz/wr 400's and 426's were right around $1500, give or take a few hundred...

It's a greensticker bike so that's huge here in CA. I have multiple serious offers from people that have seen and heard the bike for $1500. You got a good deal Dankman and for the record anyone who puts the real price on a bill of sale is a douche. I bought my '73 Bronco years ago and the guy put "Towed off property for $500", when I drove it off for $5000. I'm thinking about getting firm at $2000 because for less it's not worth selling to me. I hate to list it at $2500 though to let buyers 'talk me down' to $2000.

The powers that be up here(Manitoba) have caught on to our little fibs on the bill of sale. Now it doesn't matter WHAT you pay for a vehicle, whatever the established value is(they have a little book) of the car, truck etc, is what you pay your sales taxes on(5% GST, 7% PST). They don't have values on sleds or quads yet, but I'm sure thats coming.

Yes Comrade, we must look after the weak.......Grrrrrrrrrr

Can't get $1400 for my '00 426,didn't even get any offers or lowballs, has been maintained and nothing wrong, looks like new, runs like new. For less than that I'll just keep it.

This thread was very helpful, thanks guys. I have a guy that owes me some money and wants to settle up with his 426.

Green sticker 400's are worth more here in CA than newer models that are red stickered in similar conditions. If you want to ride a 400 for more than a couple monthes you need a 2001 or older I think.

Green sticker 400's are worth more here in CA than newer models that are red stickered in similar conditions. If you want to ride a 400 for more than a couple monthes you need a 2001 or older I think.
2002 or older

ill bet you will only get around 1500-1900 for it. around here i seen a strong running 02yz426f for $1000. there is alot for sale right at $1500 as well. there are a few that are asking 2grand but not many. it may be hard to sell at 2 grand, but idk what they are going sor in california.

I bought an 01 426 about a month ago. Icame with everything you could imagine except a steering stabilizer. I paid 1700 and the bike is in pretty damn good shape.

People seem not to get the California stickering system and the added value of a 2002 or older 400 four strokes. Anyway had a $1900 offer and I'm still debating if in a few years I'll be wishing I never sold it.

I'm wondering the same, I'm in Northern California and am trying to sell my 99 400, it's in embarassingly good shape and has a ton of extras. GYTR Ti subframe, Brand new RG3 clamp, pro-tapers and handguards, SS brake lines, a bunch, not to mention a new desert tank, all the original plastics, an extra exhaust. What should I ask? and is there anywhere better to sell it than craigs list? Here's pics

4033433191_32e06ee1da_b.jpg

4033443019_8d883ffa20_b.jpg

4033442833_93897803f5_b.jpg

4034188918_ce1ef05dc3_b.jpg

Edited by dpetteys

Cycletrader lets you post online only ads for free. Down side is that it seems like most of the listings are dealerships listing their new bikes.

Good idea, I'll give cycle trader a try. How much?

As beautiful a bike as it is, I would be stunned if you got more than $2K for it under any circumstance.

What might work out the best is to sell the bike with a minimal amount of your goodies on it, and sell the parts separately.